Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please...please help me SWDC...

I'm at my wits end. Seriously.

Ok, backstory, I stay with my uncle during the summers in order to work and earn money for when I go back to school. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

However, in my room, was a really really ****** TV. Old, liked to randomly turn off for no apparent reason, closed captioning was stuck on.......but I got by.

Then, my uncle got a new flatscreen TV for downstairs and I got the one that used to be there. Pretty sweet, worked great for a few weeks....

But now, I'm watching the basketball game, and suddenly the screen goes fuzzy and when the picture comes back, THE GOD DAMNED CLOSED CAPTIONING IS STUCK ON.

I HATE CLOSED CAPTIONING!!!

Phew. I can't get it to go off. I've looked online and everywhere I go theres some jackass answer guy whos like "just go on the menu, find CC, and turn it off."

NO. THAT DOESN'T WORK. THERE IS NO OPTION UNDER THE MENU TO TURN OFF CLOSED CAPTIONING. I'VE LOOKED.

I bring up the menu, and I have the options of picture, sound, features, and install. Under none of these is there anything even closely related to closed captioning. The interweb has proved useless.

So please, for the love of christ SWDC network of geniuses, someone help me turn off the closed captioning on my TV.

It's a magnavox, and the model number is 20MS2331/17 (Ignore the websites that say this is a handheld tv, it's not....I don't know where the hell they ever came up with that idea.)

Maybe someone here worked at bestbuy or your just really good with TV's or idfk....just someone help me before I completely lose my god damned mind. Please. Plus + rep infinity to anyone who can fix this for me.

throw a hammer through the screen

edit: honest answer, i have no idea. maybe there's a way to reset the tv?

bonekrusher on the sig magic
    <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
    <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
      I've about 5 more minutes from doing just that.

Comment

edit: honest answer, i have no idea. maybe there's a way to reset the tv?
        i vote hammer.
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

I've tried unlpugging it and leaving it unplugged for a little while....nothing.

I think any TV that gets plugged into this room is just cursed. This is two TV's now this has happened......

Comment

the curse of the deaf ghost

<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal

Comment

Instead of fixing the TV, just make yourself go deaf.

Comment

the curse of the deaf ghost
                Beans, you know you want to draw a picture for us. I know you're just as bored as the rest of us. :)

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                I vote this.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  I've tried unlpugging it and leaving it unplugged for a little while....nothing.

I think any TV that gets plugged into this room is just cursed. This is two TV's now this has happened......
                  Is there another outlet? Try plugging it in there. It's crazy, but it has to be better than a hammer.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                  Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                  i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                  Originally posted by Job
                  NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Mr. Baron could you diagram the Remote Control in detail? Perhaps there's a button on the remote.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                      ...using the hammer! a perfect plan.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                        Beans, you know you want to draw a picture for us. I know you're just as bored as the rest of us. :)

Comment

Apparently I need to spread rep around. So I'll be back to appreciate that gem. Well done, sir.

Comment

My best answer would be to just leave it. Or just take your uncles new tv and plug that in and see what happens. FYL

sig by fenikz
                            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                            You are just a terrible person.
                            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                            I have an iPhone.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information