No announcement yet.

About to Move Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im poor as **** so I like to grill burgers, I like hot dogs also.

Pasta is good but try different things with it to spice it up a bit.

Mac and cheese is good. 50 cents a box.

Ground beef. You can add it to most anything.

When your the first one to have a apartment you'll going to find out you have a lot more friends than you thought. Good and mostly bad. Just be careful. At least its your grandmas so you dont have to worry about noise violations. Dont know what we were thinking with that pinata. :D

If all else fails just find some hot sauce or something you like and put it on anything.

Another good thing to get is a lot of different lunch meats. There cheap. I love a nice ham sandwich with mustard on lightly toasted bread. Delish.

Furniture wise check out ikea or craigslist. Walmart also.

Make sure you get your cleaning supplies right away.

Oh yeah almost forgot. This is the best thing to. Get all disposal stuff. Plates, bowls, cups, utensils. I makes it so much easier. After a long night of drinking and your dumb ass friends made some frozen pizzas (Oh yeah add frozen pizzas) you dont want to wash dishes the next morning. My roommates always make fun of me because I only eat off of a paper plate no matter what im eating, but there the ones who want to have a ******* apartment meeting every 2 weeks about the dishes piling up in the sink.
    Last edited by regoob2; 06-08-2009, 02:47 AM.

Comment

I love the 49 cent pot pies theyve got at Kroger's. Fairly tasty and a decent portion. I eat a lot of salads, but I also take a lot of croutons & lettuce from work. Really though, a head of lettuce is a dollar or less. That is a lot of lettuce. Get some carrots, cucumbers w/e to go with it and thats a lot of food.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        Buy the cheap brand of everything you can get away with.

Oh, and Wal-Mart sells Banquet TV dinners for a buck usually. I almost always grab a few of those.....makes a good quick meal dirt cheap. I recommend the chicken fingers with macaroni and a brownie as well as the spaghetti.

Oh, and pasta is a godsend as well. Grab a box of spaghetti, grab a jar of sauce, make it one day and you'll probably have another 2-3 portions to have later in the week as well.

And steal anything you can from your parents when your at home. If your lucky they'll even offer you stuff that they don't like or isn't getting eaten there....it's amazing how un-picky you become when you have to buy your own food....
        Yeah I dont think I would eat a 6 hour old cold hot dog if I was living at the parents still. :D

Comment

Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
          I love the 49 cent pot pies theyve got at Kroger's. Fairly tasty and a decent portion. I eat a lot of salads, but I also take a lot of croutons & lettuce from work. Really though, a head of lettuce is a dollar or less. That is a lot of lettuce. Get some carrots, cucumbers w/e to go with it and thats a lot of food.
          Those pot pies are good. Campbells soup is also good. Never go with the off brand soup, it sucks. I like the condensed chicken noodle. Just dont add to much more water. You cant go wrong with a good salad though.

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
            500 each or total?
            total, we are spliting between 500

Comment

I have lived off basically nothing besides frozen pizzas, hot pockets, top ramen, spaghetti, pasta, eggs, and cereal this entire year.

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                total, we are spliting between 500
                that's a pretty good deal you got there. If I were you I wouldn't eat too unhealthy, since it can really drain your energy fast if you don't eat right. But other than that with rent that low ($170?) you can afford to have a decent diet and party whenever too.

again.... well played, sir.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

You can eat alot better than Ramen and the like for pretty cheap. I spend about 175 bucks on food a month and I eat good and healthy. Sandwich meat is cheap, eggs are cheap. Just be prepared to cook a little bit and it's pretty easy.

I'm a bit of a nutrition guy so you know its all your personal decision but I'd stay away from things like Ramen, Hot Pockets and quick fix foods because they won't satisfy you and you'll end up eating like crap.

Comment

Also, check the coupon flyers that small local stores as well as larger chains like Wal-mart and Kroger put out. You can save a boat load of money by planning your meals according to the coupon sales.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Budget wise, I find the easiest thing to do is set out the amount of money you want to spend every week, take that out in cash and then when it runs out do not take anymore out.

It will only take 2-3 weeks of running out and scrambling around for food before you learn how to make it last the whole week.

Comment

always make your own meals, it's always the cheapest way. also, join a Sam's Club or Costco

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Also, when dealing with furnishings....wake your ass up at like 5 AM on a saturday and go garage sale hopping.

I did this a few weekends ago. And got an entertainment center ($5), bookshelf ($3), futon ($50), and a few other small things. The futon alone looks like it cost the rich ppl selling it about 300 bucks, atleast.

Definitely the best way to go.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Living in California this might not work, but take a trip down to Baton Rouge, or anywhere in the depe south east really, and learn to cook squirrel, turtle, rabbit, and pretty much anything that will roam through your yard. Also every cool batchelor pad must have a lava lamp.
                            Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                              Living in California this might not work, but take a trip down to Baton Rouge, or anywhere in the depe south east really, and learn to cook squirrel, turtle, rabbit, and pretty much anything that will roam through your yard. Also every cool batchelor pad must have a lava lamp.
                              You're not a real man until you've killed an alligator with a shovel.

Comment

Steal food from the grocery store. I hate spending money on food...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information