About to Move Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to Move Out

Its just me and a friend moving into a 3 bedroom house, his grandma is renting it out to us for 500 a month. I need advice on what to get and how to budget on food. I have everything in a room I would need.

Honestly I don't even spend $100 a month on food. Then again, I'm fine with coffee, Lipton Iced Tea, canned vegetable soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc. You shouldn't be spending too much, though. Just get necessities. Set aside some liquor money though! =P

Comment

Who needs to buy liquor when you have friends who need somewhere to drink :)

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
        Honestly I don't even spend $100 a month on food. Then again, I'm fine with coffee, Lipton Iced Tea, canned vegetable soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc. You shouldn't be spending too much, though. Just get necessities. Set aside some liquor money though! =P
        Holy crap, you're cheap date. I spend at leased $75 a week on groceries.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Dayum $500 a month thats awesome. You don't want to know my rent

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
            Dayum $500 a month thats awesome. You don't want to know my rent
            Yeah and this is in California too, houses around us go for $1200 min. a month.

Comment

Leftovers are god. I can get away with cooking twice a week, just get plenty of leftover dishes, buy and cook for 4 and store, if you have a big freezer you can really mix it up and have plenty of different types of meals frozen up for whenever, if you are relying on a fridge you can leave most things for a week before you have to worry. Be careful of chicken and fish especially after a week.

I manage to spend around 40-60 a week on food(thats AU$ so like 30-50 US). Which compared to the alcohol bill is just beautiful.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                Haha. I survive on a very sparse diet I guess, but I'm pretty thin. I didn't include date money in there, although I'm more of a random hookup kinda guy. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                  Its just me and a friend moving into a 3 bedroom house, his grandma is renting it out to us for 500 a month. I need advice on what to get and how to budget on food. I have everything in a room I would need.
                  If your in college I recommend getting food stamps. Almost all college students are eligible and it gives you extra money for things like beer and dirty mags.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                    Yeah, I probably spend about 85 to 90 bucks a week on food, but my rent is only 300 a month so it evens out. Good luck!
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

Buy the cheap brand of everything you can get away with.

Oh, and Wal-Mart sells Banquet TV dinners for a buck usually. I almost always grab a few of those.....makes a good quick meal dirt cheap. I recommend the chicken fingers with macaroni and a brownie as well as the spaghetti.

Oh, and pasta is a godsend as well. Grab a box of spaghetti, grab a jar of sauce, make it one day and you'll probably have another 2-3 portions to have later in the week as well.

And steal anything you can from your parents when your at home. If your lucky they'll even offer you stuff that they don't like or isn't getting eaten there....it's amazing how un-picky you become when you have to buy your own food....

Comment

500 each or total?

Comment

Any Pasta is always a cheap meal

Box of dried pasta $1
                          Jar of Francesco rinaldi $1.50

That's about two meals for a single person. $2.50

Mac and cheese don't even bother with craft store brand is good enough. Add a few dashes of Franks Hot Sauce.

That is like a buck a meal.

Basically all you need to buy is furnishings. Since in Cali it doesn't get really hot or cold so I don't think there is much outside of that you should really need.
                          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

If you go to Kroger, they have these Value brand things that are amazingly cheap. I've found that you can live off that.
                            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Buy this, Eat forever.

$8 for 48

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...se=&lang=en-US
                              Last edited by niel89; 06-08-2009, 02:27 AM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information