X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearfan
    started a topic What do I need for College

What do I need for College

With a lot of us going off to college this year, and the fact that a lot of you guys have either completed college or are currently attending; what items would you reccomend aside from the few obvious (laptop, sheets ect)?

• smittyjs
    replied
    Ramen Noodles is a good thing......

Leave a comment:

• yo123
    replied
    Originally posted by Brent View Post
    Not true, in this state, you get GPA boosts for taking Pre-AP or AP classes.

Yeah, and pretty much every high school in my area does it that way except for mine. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• The Unseen
    replied
    I know UF rated my DE classes a full grade point higher.

Leave a comment:

• Brent
    replied
    Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    Well due to me being a dumbass and not trying in high school that wouldn't have helped me out at all, that's pretty cool though.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan_87
    replied
    Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
    Has anyone here attended community college? I'll be starting in August, just curious if anyone here has had any experiences from there that would be helpful.
    I attend Community College in Canada, I'm currently in my 6th (and final) semester. It's significantly cheaper, but it's a bit harder to socialize with people. If of course, you want to socialize. There are no big clubs, just a few geeky ones nobody is in. The campus is pretty small too so there's not a whole lot to do. But there are some nice professors who actually have experience in the field. I've been taking some investment courses and my professors have actually worked in brokerage houses so they have real experience. Not sure about University.

Anyways, i am attending University in Canada this fall though, and I've gotten about 1.5 years credit for a 4 year degree. Looking forward to the experience, but I'll still be living at home.
    Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 07-27-2009, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• yo123
    replied
    Not in Texas. If you are in the Top 10%, you get automatic acceptance at any state university. Which is why UT and A&M are the biggest opponents of it.

Well due to me being a dumbass and not trying in high school that wouldn't have helped me out at all, that's pretty cool though.

Leave a comment:

• yo123
    replied
    Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
    I don't know about most schools but my high school accounted for class difficulty with regards to class rank.

Mine didn't. They flat out told me on my rejection letter that I didn't get in because of class rank and that's the only thing they mentioned. My ACT score was like 6 points higher than their average too.

Leave a comment:

• Brent
    replied
    Class rank is ********.
    Not in Texas. If you are in the Top 10%, you get automatic acceptance at any state university. Which is why UT and A&M are the biggest opponents of it.

Leave a comment:

• CashmoneyDrew
    replied
    Class rank is ********. A school didn't accept me solely because of my class rank even though I took basically every hard class my school had to offer, and they accepted my friend who was in the 80% percentlile but took **** like pottery and crafts.
    I don't know about most schools but my high school accounted for class difficulty with regards to class rank.

Leave a comment:

• tjsunstein
    replied
    Plastic cups, paper towels, a lighter even if you don't smoke, gum.

Leave a comment:

• Xonraider
    replied
    Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
    that's why you use class rank.
    I don't get what you're saying, how do I ''use'' class rank?

Leave a comment:

• yo123
    replied
    Class rank is ********. A school didn't accept me solely because of my class rank even though I took basically every hard class my school had to offer, and they accepted my friend who was in the 80% percentlile but took **** like pottery and crafts.

Leave a comment:

• awfullyquiet
    replied
    Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
    I have a question for everyone who is in college: Are the average high school GPA's of people who get accepted into the university numbers inflated? I've seen like for Loyola at NO that the average is 3.6 but I know someone who graduated from High School with a 3.9 out of 5 (would be like a 3.0 out of 4 I believe) and got accepted, and I've seen several others get into other universities with lower grades than what appears there.
    that's why you use class rank.

Leave a comment:

• Xonraider
    replied
    I have a question for everyone who is in college: Are the average high school GPA's of people who get accepted into the university numbers inflated? I've seen like for Loyola at NO that the average is 3.6 but I know someone who graduated from High School with a 3.9 out of 5 (would be like a 3.0 out of 4 I believe) and got accepted, and I've seen several others get into other universities with lower grades than what appears there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information