Thinking about buying a new laptop...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    I might actually buy that laptop falconer said, the Lenovo ideapad. I really like it. It isnt as clunky as the regular Lenovos, but still has the reliability and also they have great customer service.

And yes, HP has absolutely atrocious customer service.
    See, I have had great cust. service with HP, but a terrible time with Dell. Go figure.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by j05son View Post
      Newegg is great in the states, but APS is from Terrence and Phillip land. TigerDirect.ca is going to be his best choice.
      was just using it as a reference. TigerDirect is good too though they once screwed me on some SATA Cables. Really made me mad.

Comment

Ok, so at this point, its either I fix this laptop and build my own desktop, or I buy the Lenovo Ideapad or Sony Vaio. Which one do I go with?
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Ok, so at this point, its either I fix this laptop and build my own desktop, or I buy the Lenovo Ideapad or Sony Vaio. Which one do I go with?
          Macbook! Wait...damn.

But Lenovo out of those choices.

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
            Macbook! Wait...damn.

But Lenovo out of those choices.
            I looked heavily into Macbooks. They arent as customizable as I like, and I couldnt find one with a 4GB RAM. That didnt sit well with me.
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I found a really sick Lenovo for 1200, but the problem is it only comes with the manufacturers warranty and there is no way to get an extended warranty on it. its a dual core, 2.4 GHZ processor, with a ******** of memory and such. But the damn thing is ugly as hell.
              If it changes your mind at all, I've never had a Lenovo break down on me, and I've treated a few of them very rough. Unless there's an immediate problem with the machine, which would be covered by the initial warranty, their laptops are easy enough to crack open and replace parts.

edit - and if you want to build a desktop, then I guarantee you that for 1200 dollars you can build a ridiculous machine. I know, because that's exactly how much I spent on the desktop I built last year and I still haven't been able to even come close to taking full advantage of the CPU power.
              Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 06-09-2009, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I'm looking for a mini book as well as a desktop. I don't know too much about computers but judging from what I've read here and heard elsewhere I think this would be a good buy?

http://www.buy.com/prod/asus-eee-pc-...208351996.html

I don't plan on using the above for much other than taking notes and such, as I also want a desktop. Any recommendations on good, cheap desktops? Thanks in advance, rep for those who help.

Comment

if i haven't mentioned. lenovos are tanks. the only issue i ever had was my cheap 700 dollar one i bought on a whim because i was without... was that the screen slowly tilted back... and wouldn't stay up nice and straight. just needed its screws tightened.
                  http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                  For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                    if i haven't mentioned. lenovos are tanks. the only issue i ever had was my cheap 700 dollar one i bought on a whim because i was without... was that the screen slowly tilted back... and wouldn't stay up nice and straight. just needed its screws tightened.
                    Something like this is why I need a new laptop. Its screen has slowly but surely broken its hinges. Twice. It has to be propped up in the back else the screen will fall down (and somewhat out). The first time took time and money to fix, and there will be no second fix. It's old anyways.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Weird, I've never heard of Lenovo. I have a Dell, and it works fine.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                        Weird, I've never heard of Lenovo. I have a Dell, and it works fine.
                        Lenovo is rebranded IBM Thinkpads
                        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

I ended up building a sick desktop on tigerdirect and buying that, and getting my laptop repaired. Desktop is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Comment

I bought a Toshiba. They're awesome computers.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Had I decided to buy a laptop, it would of been the Lenovo Ideapad.

Comment

this is what i'm using right now

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information