Thinking about buying a new laptop...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Perfect Score
    started a topic Thinking about buying a new laptop...

Thinking about buying a new laptop...

What do you guys use? Any recommendations? I have an HP now and i absolutely hate it. I bought it like a year and a half ago, and its had 2 major repairs and 2 minors. Now, the power jack is broke on it and its going to take 2 weeks for future shop to fix it. And Im sick of being inconvenienced by this repair ********. That said, anyone in here geeky enough to tell me whats great on the market right now?

• Vox Populi
    replied
    If I got a laptop I'd just get a Macbook PRO. My younger brother got one last year and its pretty dope.

Leave a comment:

• A Perfect Score
    replied
    Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post

this is what i'm using right now
    Those bad boys are mega overpriced. They start at like 2000 on the Dell website.

Leave a comment:

• KCJ58
    replied

this is what i'm using right now

Leave a comment:

• A Perfect Score
    replied
    Had I decided to buy a laptop, it would of been the Lenovo Ideapad.

Leave a comment:

• Staubach12
    replied
    I bought a Toshiba. They're awesome computers.

Leave a comment:

• A Perfect Score
    replied
    I ended up building a sick desktop on tigerdirect and buying that, and getting my laptop repaired. Desktop is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Leave a comment:

• awfullyquiet
    replied
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
    Weird, I've never heard of Lenovo. I have a Dell, and it works fine.
    Lenovo is rebranded IBM Thinkpads

Leave a comment:

• Vikes99ej
    replied
    Weird, I've never heard of Lenovo. I have a Dell, and it works fine.

Leave a comment:

• The Unseen
    replied
    Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
    if i haven't mentioned. lenovos are tanks. the only issue i ever had was my cheap 700 dollar one i bought on a whim because i was without... was that the screen slowly tilted back... and wouldn't stay up nice and straight. just needed its screws tightened.
    Something like this is why I need a new laptop. Its screen has slowly but surely broken its hinges. Twice. It has to be propped up in the back else the screen will fall down (and somewhat out). The first time took time and money to fix, and there will be no second fix. It's old anyways.

Leave a comment:

• awfullyquiet
    replied
    if i haven't mentioned. lenovos are tanks. the only issue i ever had was my cheap 700 dollar one i bought on a whim because i was without... was that the screen slowly tilted back... and wouldn't stay up nice and straight. just needed its screws tightened.

Leave a comment:

• RoyHall#1
    replied
    I'm looking for a mini book as well as a desktop. I don't know too much about computers but judging from what I've read here and heard elsewhere I think this would be a good buy?

http://www.buy.com/prod/asus-eee-pc-...208351996.html

I don't plan on using the above for much other than taking notes and such, as I also want a desktop. Any recommendations on good, cheap desktops? Thanks in advance, rep for those who help.

Leave a comment:

• Paranoidmoonduck
    replied
    Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    I found a really sick Lenovo for 1200, but the problem is it only comes with the manufacturers warranty and there is no way to get an extended warranty on it. its a dual core, 2.4 GHZ processor, with a ******** of memory and such. But the damn thing is ugly as hell.
    If it changes your mind at all, I've never had a Lenovo break down on me, and I've treated a few of them very rough. Unless there's an immediate problem with the machine, which would be covered by the initial warranty, their laptops are easy enough to crack open and replace parts.

edit - and if you want to build a desktop, then I guarantee you that for 1200 dollars you can build a ridiculous machine. I know, because that's exactly how much I spent on the desktop I built last year and I still haven't been able to even come close to taking full advantage of the CPU power.
    Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 06-09-2009, 06:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• A Perfect Score
    replied
    Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
    Macbook! Wait...damn.

But Lenovo out of those choices.
    I looked heavily into Macbooks. They arent as customizable as I like, and I couldnt find one with a 4GB RAM. That didnt sit well with me.

Leave a comment:

• Shane P. Hallam
    replied
    Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    Ok, so at this point, its either I fix this laptop and build my own desktop, or I buy the Lenovo Ideapad or Sony Vaio. Which one do I go with?
    Macbook! Wait...damn.

But Lenovo out of those choices.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information