Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

    looked for the previous thread, couldn't find it but i remember it was a real long one and there was some good/helpful discussion.

    how's everybody doing with their workout regimens? right now i'm just waiting for my JuCo to open the gym back up, so i've been hitting up the ghetto workouts. there's a bigass tire over at the field that i've been pushin' around and just generally doin' sprints.



    I got those supplements, but I only really use the truemass. The n.o. explode doesn't really work too well i've noticed. not too big on creatine some cellmass is a dud. Nitrix i don't have. anybody tried those supplements before?

    Jus tryin to get a discussion goin

    RIP ST

  • #2
    I used to take a post workout protein supplement, then i stopped because it was too expensive. I gained more weight/mass/strength off the supplement when i was just eating right. Call it a coincidence, but i don't buy that many of those supplement are really worth it.

    My buddy started taking this stuff called the ultimate bulk,supposedly it does work.

    What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

    2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

    Comment


    • #3
      only supps I take are zma, beta alanine (I like it better than creatine), and a multivitamin and fish oil.

      I dont consider whey a supplement, its food.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

      Comment


      • #4
        I actually just rejoined a gym a couple weeks ago. Went twice today. What's everyone's schedule?

        Monday:
        Chest
        Triceps

        Tuesday:
        Shoulders
        Legs

        Wednesday:
        Back
        Biceps

        Thursday:
        Strictly Cardio

        The next three days are rest days and everyday I do some sort of ab workout and atleast 10-15 minutes on the sitdown bike. I'm thinking about buying some whey protein, maybe some sort of creatine stack. What are the best products out there? I have fish oil but havent taken it regularly.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
          I used to take a post workout protein supplement, then i stopped because it was too expensive. I gained more weight/mass/strength off the supplement when i was just eating right. Call it a coincidence, but i don't buy that many of those supplement are really worth it.

          My buddy started taking this stuff called the ultimate bulk,supposedly it does work.
          As a P.E. major I did some research on a few exercise supplements. I am a firm believer that with a proper diet many of the supplements people buy aren't as necessary as they think.




          2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
            As a P.E. major I did some research on a few exercise supplements. I am a firm believer that with a proper diet many of the supplements people buy aren't as necessary as they think.
            What would be the ideal diet? For breakfast, when I have time, I try to have some eggs or oatmeal with fruit. Lunch I tend to get a wrap or some sort of stir fry. Dinner is really a crapshoot because living at home I really rely on what is made that night.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
              I actually just rejoined a gym a couple weeks ago. Went twice today. What's everyone's schedule?

              Monday:
              Chest
              Triceps

              Tuesday:
              Shoulders
              Legs

              Wednesday:
              Back
              Biceps

              Thursday:
              Strictly Cardio

              The next three days are rest days and everyday I do some sort of ab workout. I'm thinking about buying some whey protein, maybe some sort of creatine stack. What are the best products out there?
              Why not spread out the lifting? Seems dumb to do it all in a row.

              I do the 5x5 right now, lifting mon, wed, fri.

              Mon- Bench, Squat, Row

              Wed- Deadlift, Squat, SOHP

              Friday- Same as Mon, but a heavy triple instead of 5x5 all the way through

              As far as supplements, I recommend Optimum Nutrition Whey. I would go Beta Alanine over creatine, its better imo. Letting you know tho, your skin may tingle on Beta Alanine, its normal tho.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                As a P.E. major I did some research on a few exercise supplements. I am a firm believer that with a proper diet many of the supplements people buy aren't as necessary as they think.
                I agree, but stuff like protein is just a cheap food source that is easy to make. I take fish oil because I dont like fish and its expensive. And stuff like ZMA and beta alanine are pretty proven and I dont know of any food thats can give you the same results.
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                  I actually just rejoined a gym a couple weeks ago. Went twice today. What's everyone's schedule?

                  Monday:
                  Chest
                  Triceps

                  Tuesday:
                  Shoulders
                  Legs

                  Wednesday:
                  Back
                  Biceps

                  Thursday:
                  Strictly Cardio

                  The next three days are rest days and everyday I do some sort of ab workout and atleast 10-15 minutes on the sitdown bike. I'm thinking about buying some whey protein, maybe some sort of creatine stack. What are the best products out there? I have fish oil but havent taken it regularly.
                  Monday:
                  Chest n biceps

                  Tuesday:
                  legs/abs

                  wed:
                  Day off/cardio

                  Thursday:

                  Shoulders/triceps

                  Friday:
                  Back

                  weekend:
                  Rest with a bit of cardio and abs.

                  What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

                  2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As a rule of thumb, to maintain a perfect balance (as far as weight goes) you need to consume 12*(your weight in lbs). I have been doing some reading on the blood type diet. Albeit I have let my physical condition go to the way side in recent years (a back injury will kill how much you can run) I tried it out last summer when I could be consistent and lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks. I got bored quickly, but it did work. If you are looking to build muscle, it's simple -up the protein portion. You will burn through the fuel/food faster, but all the building blocks are there. The only change I would make to the blood type diet is regardless of what your specific diet consist of, add a good amount of fish and seafood for the chromium picolanate naturally found there.

                    http://www.dadamo.com/program.htm

                    is a good site to look up some things according to your blood type.




                    2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      what exactly does fish oil do?

                      RIP ST

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                        If you are looking to build muscle, it's simple -up the protein portion. You will burn through the fuel/food faster, but all the building blocks are there.
                        It's not that simple. If your looking to bulk up you need to eat more calories too ( you hinted at this). If you're looking for bulk, don't shy away from desserts and such. Eat.

                        What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

                        2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm currently training to run the Marine Corps Marathon. I run about 5 miles 4 times a week with ankle and wrist weights right now.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Shahin View Post
                            what exactly does fish oil do?
                            http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/sh...tation-719643/

                            sherdog FAQ ftw
                            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                              It's not that simple. If your looking to bulk up you need to eat more calories too ( you hinted at this). If you're looking for bulk, don't shy away from desserts and such. Eat.
                              If you have a quick metabolism and you are 21 that might be ok, but I prefer to up the protein calories; that's where the fish and seafood comes in.




                              2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information