Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    Well, I want to cut as much as possible because I have a little body fat that I've been unable to cut for years. This is more of a personal challenge. Also, I want to lose muscle mass, not just fat. I've bulked up more than I'd like.
    Lower your caloric intake before lowering your carb count again. One of the better coaches out there reccomends

Day 1: Heavy lifting chest/back

Day 2: Lactate-inducing workout 1 + 20-30 minutes of steady-state aerobic work

Day 3: OFF

Day 4: Heavy lifting quads/hams

Day 5: OFF

Day 6: Lactate-inducing workout 2 + 20-30 minutes of steady-state aerobic work

Day 7: OFF
    Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• my workout plan.

Monday: Atc(high speed tredmills)

Tuesday: Atc( PLoys)

Wednesday: Golds( Upper body)

Thursday: Atc (High Speed Tredmills)

Friday: Golds ( lower body)

Saturday: Atc ( high Speed tredmills)

Sunday: Golds (upper body)

My preperation for fall camp :)

Comment

• You need to throw in a day off. Even though your only doing cardio on some days you still need a day off.

And instead of doing high speed tredmill, which is horrible for you knees stomping in place. You'll get a better workout by sprinting and runing at high speeds. Get some cleats and run and sprint on grass so you'll be more used to it for your camp. Instead of running with sneakers on and on a rubber mat, or track. If you have sand near you even better, try doing sprints on sand your calf will burn.

Comment

• Finally about to get back to the gym after nearly 3 months of knee injury filled suckiness. I gained 10 lbs during the layoff.

Note to all: avoid grade 2 MCL tears and 2 severe bone bruises in your knee. They suck very much.
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
            You need to throw in a day off. Even though your only doing cardio on some days you still need a day off.

And instead of doing high speed tredmill, which is horrible for you knees stomping in place. You'll get a better workout by sprinting and runing at high speeds. Get some cleats and run and sprint on grass so you'll be more used to it for your camp. Instead of running with sneakers on and on a rubber mat, or track. If you have sand near you even better, try doing sprints on sand your calf will burn.
            These tremills simulate running uphill which increases your speed and allows you to run at speeds you usually can't. I'm just trying to get into the best shape i can before august 3rd

Comment

• Fiber doesnt cancel out carbs, but you dont have to count the grams of fiber (which are carbs) in your daily totals.

With regards to bread, if your going low carb just get used to living without it. That or do the carb-up day they mention in the thread.
              Last edited by Rob S; 07-09-2010, 09:07 PM.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• I'm doing the low-carb thing (around 50 carbs a day) and lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I've never been able to lose those 5 pounds so I'm pretty pumped that it's working. I really only want to lose another 5-10 pounds so I should be where I want to be at in no time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                  I'm doing the low-carb thing (around 50 carbs a day) and lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I've never been able to lose those 5 pounds so I'm pretty pumped that it's working. I really only want to lose another 5-10 pounds so I should be where I want to be at in no time.
                  yup, low carb is money. **** sugar and flour and whole grains while we're at it.

Comment

• Noooo Whole Grains = AWESOME.

I love my sweet potatoes, and whole grain bread, brown rice, fruits.

You need complex carbs for energy.

Though **** sugar.

Comment

Noooo Whole Grains = AWESOME.

I love my sweet potatoes, and whole grain bread, brown rice, fruits.

You need complex carbs for energy.

Though **** sugar.
                      This man begs to differ:

As does this man:

Last edited by Rob S; 07-09-2010, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• I disagree with needing a day off. If you've got the energy for it and you are mixing up what you work on, it's all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                          This man begs to differ:

As does this man:

The African man eats porridge, or something like that. They also eat many other things fruits and nuts.

As for the Alaskan, **** idk they eat fish all day.

Eating gives you energy, calories is what really gives your body the energy. I put it wrong not complex carbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                            I disagree with needing a day off. If you've got the energy for it and you are mixing up what you work on, it's all good.
                            depends on goals. If you want to get bigger rest days are imperative.

Comment

The African man eats porridge, or something like that. They also eat many other things fruits and nuts.

As for the Alaskan, **** idk they eat fish all day.

Eating gives you energy, calories is what really gives your body the energy. I put it wrong not complex carbs.
                              The Massai survived solely on fatty meat and blood back in the day. Inuits survived solely on fatty meat also. I'm just joking around though, personally I just dont handle carbs well. It is a fact though that humans need protein and fat to survive, but can survive even when carbs are completely missing from their diet. There has to be something to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                                depends on goals. If you want to get bigger rest days are imperative.
                                He has 3 lifting days the treadmill running wont effect him getting bigger.
                                Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information