Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
    He has 3 lifting days the treadmill running wont effect him getting bigger.
    Depends how much sleep he is getting. If he isnt getting 8 hours (at least) every night he isn't taking a day off to do nothing his efforts lifting will be mitigated.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      Depends how much sleep he is getting. If he isnt getting 8 hours (at least) every night he isn't taking a day off to do nothing his efforts lifting will be mitigated.
      Well thats a given. Could also say diet, protein intake, or the right exercises. It would be troublesome if he was lifting 5+ days per week. His upper body will have no problem recovering. His legs may get really fatigued and not recover. It's a lot of lactic building but assuming he is young his body can handle it.
      Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Well thats a given. Could also say diet, protein intake, or the right exercises. It would be troublesome if he was lifting 5+ days per week. His upper body will have no problem recovering. His legs may get really fatigued and not recover. It's a lot of lactic building but assuming he is young his body can handle it.
        I dont know, man. There is a lot of evidence that points to a rest day being key for growth. I would take the rest day.

Comment

• Monday will be the official date i start Insanity, you can find it for freesbies if you do a little searching. I've been jump roping for a few weeks to get my endurance up so I won't completely die in these cardio work outs.

Comment

• Originally posted by bantx View Post
            Monday will be the official date i start Insanity, you can find it for freesbies if you do a little searching. I've been jump roping for a few weeks to get my endurance up so I won't completely die in these cardio work outs.
            Another P90x workout program?

Like most workouts its about dedication and diet. If you can do these two you can change you body type in 2 months-3 months, with any good workout program.

Comment

• Ya I did 3 months of P90X a few months ago and finished it and lost a decent amount of wait, took a break now getting back on my work out routine.

Comment

I dont know, man. There is a lot of evidence that points to a rest day being key for growth. I would take the rest day.
                How many days a week you think Usain Bolt, Tyson *** or Asafa Powell take off? They are exposed to much much harder an stringent training regiments. Incorporating down weeks/ recovery weeks will give him the rest his muscles need. Proper periodization with progressive overload and the right stimulus will lead to max growth.

Comment

How many days a week you think Usain Bolt, Tyson *** or Asafa Powell take off? They are exposed to much much harder an stringent training regiments. Incorporating down weeks/ recovery weeks will give him the rest his muscles need. Proper periodization with progressive overload and the right stimulus will lead to max growth.
                  They probably train 6 days a week. I know a bunch of pro MMA fighters and boxers, including a champion in Bellator, and none of them train 7 days a week.

Comment

• ^^^^^ That, my college wrestling team never has a work out on sunday. Usually a dual meet in the week, something on saturday, practice the other days, nothing on sunday. Our one coach said its OK if we dont even think about wrestling on Sunday.

Comment

They probably train 6 days a week. I know a bunch of pro MMA fighters and boxers, including a champion in Bellator, and none of them train 7 days a week.
                      I cant find any specific articles about their daily training regiments.Long distance running is more my thing where everyone(basically) trains 7 days a week. Its why i'll always believe LDR are the toughest athletes and is the hardest sport out there.

Comment

Its why i'll always believe LDR are the toughest athletes and is the hardest sport out there.
                        LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLL.

No, seriously, thanks for the sig quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                          LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLL.

No, seriously, thanks for the sig quote.
                          Prove me wrong big guy. Hop off your pedestal and show me how it is not

Comment

Prove me wrong big guy. Hop off your pedestal and show me how it is not
                            Wait, so you were really being serious?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              Wait, so you were really being serious?
                              Prove a sport that is more mentally and physically challenging

Comment

• Sports that are harder than long-distance training.

Hockey, football, basketball, baseball, sprinting, golfing, tennis, badminton, swimming, and probably a few others that I'm forgetting. You run. Whoop de ******* do. Every sport involves some type of running.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information