Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm having trouble understanding what you are trying to gain out of your program. How is it working for you an where did you get it from? Some of the rep ranges are odd like on your triceps pushdowns.
    Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• its westside barbell for skinny bastards except I did 2 little changes on it.

on friday I use powercleans instead of box jumps which wsb4sb suggests.

also I use deadlifts for the posterior chain workout which it doesnt list on the website but I know people who do it.

Comment

• I thought so when i saw the max effort and dynamic days in there. Its a good program if done right. Make sure to continually alternate max effort and dynamic every few weeks. I don't remember the program off the top of my head but shouldn't you have pull ups include somewhere?

Comment

• yeah there really should only be a 3ish rep window of what you're aiming to hit, 10-12, 12-15 etc

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
            I thought so when i saw the max effort and dynamic days in there. Its a good program if done right. Make sure to continually alternate max effort and dynamic every few weeks. I don't remember the program off the top of my head but shouldn't you have pull ups include somewhere?
            http://www.defrancotraining.com/arti...rds-part3.html

i could replace pullups with lat pull downs. the thing is I dont think I could get 3 sets of 8-12 of pullups like it suggests so I just stick to lat pulldown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
              what does everyones workout look like? This is mine.

monday-
              box squats(work up to a 3-5 rep max)
              snatch grip deadlifts 5x5
              bulgarian split squats 4sets 6-12 reps
              abs
              Another thing i have a problem with is the max rep box squats followed by a 5x5 deadlift. Doing these in the same day would be to big of a stressor to the CNS. Ideally you would do them on 2 different days or alternate them weekly. Maybe it works for you but i would guess you wouldn't get all you can out of the leg movements doing both of those.

On another note what kind of shape are you in? If you have been working out for atleast a month i don't see a reason you couldn't do 3x8 pullups.

Comment

• I am in fairly good shape, I probably could do 8-12 pull ups its just that i have been sticking w/ lat pulls and it worked for me so I havent changed it.

also I dont think it would overstress the CNS, I havent tried it yet I just switched it up today. A lot of programs have deadlift and squats the same day. Starting strength is one of them.

Comment

I am in fairly good shape, I probably could do 8-12 pull ups its just that i have been sticking w/ lat pulls and it worked for me so I havent changed it.

also I dont think it would overstress the CNS, I havent tried it yet I just switched it up today. A lot of programs have deadlift and squats the same day. Starting strength is one of them.
                  Give the pullups a shot. A pullup is also one of the best exercises at activating the abdominal muscles.

Comment

• yeah I will give them a try.

Also SS and 5x5 have squats and deads on the same day. I originally was going to do deads instead of PCs on friday but I swtiched them in to monday when I saw you could pull that off. Also I threw power cleans in on friday even though the website doesnt say PCs because my wrestling coach stresses power cleans (he calls them the best lift for all of wrestling) so I added them in that day.

Comment

• Anybody tried the p90x workout and have any feedback on it?

RIP ST

Comment

• BOE did BOE did

Comment

• Originally posted by Shahin View Post
                          Anybody tried the p90x workout and have any feedback on it?
                          It's fun if you do it with a friend. Gonna be difficult to do the 90day program alone.

It won't get you jacked but it will get you toned and overall healthy. It definitely wouldn't hurt to try it for a month and see if you have the will to keep going.

Comment

• Better off just jogging if you want to stay healthy.

Speaking of which I just bought an awesome pair of Nike Lunar Glides. Normally I don't like spending a significant amount of money on shoes but I have to say it is completely worth it. It's like walking on clouds.
                            (shameless self-promotion)
                            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I perfer jump rope for my conditioning. It works my agility and hand eye coordination as well.

Comment

I perfer jump rope for my conditioning. It works my agility and hand eye coordination as well.
                                Jump rope is TEH SEX. I used to do a minute of intense jump rope and a superset of two different exercises as one set. So, for example,

1 minute of jump rope.
                                Immediately do a set of squats.
                                Immediately do an ab exercise.

Rest two minutes. 'Twas lethal.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information