Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you guys recommend I take to bulk up, I'm about to begin a second cycle of Kre-Alkalyn. Would some basic Whey Protein from GNC do the trick? Ive also been pounding milk. On my first cycle of creatine I moved up 40 pounds on bench and gained 10 lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by alca1992 View Post
      ok so i use to weigh 235 and last year i just lost the weight and i weigh 170 now. when i lost all of the weight i did it by simply eating less. Now that i have lost the weight my skin sags a little (nothing too bad just a little flabby for my taste) anyways im too lazy to go to the gym evreyday. I had a plan of doing 100 pushups a day. I was wondering if you think this will do a good enough job of making my flab go away? any suggestions on anything else i could do for someone who doesnt have the time to go to the gym?
      I would think 100 pushups a day only wouldn't give your body, specifically the muscles you use to do pushups, time to recover. You don't sound very motivated so honestly I doubt you would stick with any form of exercise. I am not trying to be negative it just seems like unless a person is motivated they'll try exercise for a week or two and then just stop.

Comment

• Starting a lifting program today after being off all summer half marathon training. Hoping to add 10lbs of lean muscle.
        Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• starting a lifting program always sucks. You'll be sore shitless, but once you get into the swing off it you love it.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
          02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
          02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
          02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
          Originally posted by fenikz
          we all hate you

Comment

• what are you doing bob sanders dreadlock

Comment

• I feel like I should address a misconception I see here a lot. Whey protein is not and never has been the way to gain weight. Most proteins are quite low in calories and are actually more effective at preserving muscle mass when cutting. If you are trying to gain weight, protein shakes should be used for recovery post workout, but other than that eat real food that packs some serious calories. So, does whey protein "do the trick" for gaining weight, no it doesn't. Milk, nuts, meat, cheese, eggs, and pasta are just a number of foods that will "do the trick" though.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Also, no 100 pushups will not really do anything. It's better than nothing, but if you are actually serious about changing your body you need to put the work in. You said yourself that you are lazy, it makes sense that your body will continue to look like it.

Comment

• I'm about to start a new program. I'm trying to get up to 215 with 12% bf or lower. I'm at around 190 at 16%. Lots of compounds here.

Comment

• I was done really well with waking up early, working out every day, and eating very well. After getting a job my routine has been shaken up. I am no longer going to the gym as often as I would like mostly because I'm worn out from the work that I do. For the most part I'm in the sun for 4-7 hours a day sweating gallons so when it's time to knock off I'm just exhausted and ready to relax.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                      I would think 100 pushups a day only wouldn't give your body, specifically the muscles you use to do pushups, time to recover. You don't sound very motivated so honestly I doubt you would stick with any form of exercise. I am not trying to be negative it just seems like unless a person is motivated they'll try exercise for a week or two and then just stop.
                      ok lets say i was motivated. what workouts could you recommend for someone who doesnt have time to go to the gym or weights?

Comment

ok lets say i was motivated. what workouts could you recommend for someone who doesnt have time to go to the gym or weights?
                        You don't have one hour out of your day?
                        Peyton Manning Fanboy
                        Originally posted by Complex
                        They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• Do pushups do any good at all? I thought I heard if you were a pretty skinny guy to begin with they help but you'll plateau at some point. I've just been on the http://hundredpushups.com/ program for now because I'm moving back to college in a few weeks and then I'll have a free gym membership so I thought it would be a waste of money to get one back home.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                            Do pushups do any good at all? I thought I heard if you were a pretty skinny guy to begin with they help but you'll plateau at some point. I've just been on the http://hundredpushups.com/ program for now because I'm moving back to college in a few weeks and then I'll have a free gym membership so I thought it would be a waste of money to get one back home.

Any exercise isn't a bad thing at all. I'm currently doing that regiment as well just to give me a little extra something to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                              Do pushups do any good at all? I thought I heard if you were a pretty skinny guy to begin with they help but you'll plateau at some point. I've just been on the http://hundredpushups.com/ program for now because I'm moving back to college in a few weeks and then I'll have a free gym membership so I thought it would be a waste of money to get one back home.
                              Pushups are great, but lifting heavy clearly the best way to get bigger and you will clearly plateau with only bodyweight exercises.

Comment

The best shape I've ever been in resulted in a combo of lifting with compound movements and enough cardio to ensure I didn't get tired doing things like playing frisbee or helping a friend move.

Bodyweight things like pushups, pullups, situps, bodyweight squats and calf raises, etc. are obviously going to be better than nothing but a combo of diet, weights, and moderate cardio will give you more returns for about the same amount of effort. For just having your skin draw in after weight loss I've read it just takes time, but I've never been in that situation. I imagine working out would shorten that time.

If you have a plan to stick to you might find it doesn't take that long. If you did a program like Starting Strength you'd spend 3 hours max in the gym per week. You would have to really commit to it in terms of intensity, but it really isn't time-intensive at all if you just stick to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information