Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did the plyometric things for extra cardio...man does that **** kick your ass. After 3 weeks of it I could only do 30-35 mins without having to take a break. Even the 30 second breaks they give you, you still move around.

Comment

• Even when trying to bulk, I keep cardio involved for health reasons. Slow and steady for about a half hour to 45 mins every workout.

Comment

• So my friend bought me Monster Milk even though I don't want to take supplements. Since he spent like a $100 on it or so I guess I might as well use it.

Anyone know anything about it??

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
        Originally posted by fenikz
        we all hate you

Comment

• I really should give P90X a try. What kind of workout equiptment do you need to get to do it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
            So my friend bought me Monster Milk even though I don't want to take supplements. Since he spent like a $100 on it or so I guess I might as well use it.

Anyone know anything about it??
            Heard it wasnt anything special. It's high is cals for protein from what I have heard, so if your bulking thats good. It's not the best, but its free so just use it. It probably tastes great.
            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
              Heard it wasnt anything special. It's high is cals for protein from what I have heard, so if your bulking thats good. It's not the best, but its free so just use it. It probably tastes great.
              You're thinking of muscle milk.

Monster milk has 175 calories per 25 grams of protein. The nutritional content looks fine to me. It was probably overpriced but whatever.
              Peyton Manning Fanboy
              Originally posted by Complex
              They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post

Monster milk has 175 calories per 25 grams of protein. The nutritional content looks fine to me. It was probably overpriced but whatever.
                I exaggerated with the price number to say it's too pricey. I think it's like $60-70.

It has 50g of protein per serving.

we all hate you

Comment

I exaggerated with the price number to say it's too pricey. I think it's like $60-70.

It has 50g of protein per serving.
                  but the serving is probably 2 scoop.

Comment

• Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post

Thats pretty high for protein. Your standard whey is around the 110-120 range. Now is 50 cals a huge difference, not really, but its all relative. A 50 calorie addition to a normal of 120 represents a big increase. It's not a gainer per se, but it is a good protein to bulk on. The protein I take is 200 calories for 50 grams.
                    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                      but the serving is probably 2 scoop.
                      Yea, but what's your point? Not trying to be a dick, I just don't know why it matters how many scoops it is.

It's 2 scoops and 18-20 oz of water, or milk.

we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                        I really should give P90X a try. What kind of workout equiptment do you need to get to do it?
                        Not much of anything...

Some free weights or bands
                        A towel (used in pull up variations and other excericises)
                        A pull up bar (just buy one that can fit in any door way)
                        A sterdy wall
                        Some kind of workout mat, if you want to be more comfortable

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

Yea, but what's your point? Not trying to be a dick, I just don't know why it matters how many scoops it is.

It's 2 scoops and 18-20 oz of water, or milk.
                          I'm just throwing it out there. People usually get amazed when they see 50 g a serving and think automatically 1 scoop = 50 grams. Its good advertising to get people to buy it.

1 scoop is 170 calories, so 340 per serving like Rob said thats good to bulk on.

I bulked on Cyto Gainer, but that was a bulking product...just had crazy high cholesterol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                            Thats pretty high for protein. Your standard whey is around the 110-120 range. Now is 50 cals a huge difference, not really, but its all relative. A 50 calorie addition to a normal of 120 represents a big increase. It's not a gainer per se, but it is a good protein to bulk on. The protein I take is 200 calories for 50 grams.
                            Depends how much of your calories you get from your shakes then. I only take it after my workout (3 times a week) so an extra 50 calories doesn't even matter. If you're downing multiple shakes a day it would definitely make a difference.
                            Peyton Manning Fanboy
                            They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Comment

I'm just throwing it out there. People usually get amazed when they see 50 g a serving and think automatically 1 scoop = 50 grams. Its good advertising to get people to buy it.

1 scoop is 170 calories, so 340 per serving like Rob said thats good to bulk on.

I bulked on Cyto Gainer, but that was a bulking product...just had crazy high cholesterol.
                              Dietary cholesterol doesn't have a huge effect on blood cholesterol. If you were born to have naturally high cholesterol levels, your body will produce more even when you limit your dietary cholesterol levels.

A lot of experts say you should be more worried about your total triglyceride to HDL cholesterol ratio than total cholesterol levels.

My A&P professor says that the whole cholesterol level awareness is just a cash grab for the pharmaceutical companies. He says the most important issue that people should worry about is inflammation (i agree).
                              Peyton Manning Fanboy

Comment

Oh yea you're right.

we all hate you

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information