Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to get in some sort of consistent shape. My weight fluctuates all over the place; I've been from anywhere between 175 to 220 pounds in the past few years depending on how much money I've had to spend on food and what drugs I was doing.

Right now I'm a little heavy at about 205.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      I need to get in some sort of consistent shape. My weight fluctuates all over the place; I've been from anywhere between 175 to 220 pounds in the past few years depending on how much money I've had to spend on food and what drugs I was doing.

Right now I'm a little heavy at about 205.
      I read the fluctuating part and was planning on replying that it probably depends on your flavor of the month haha.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• http://www.fitnessspotlight.com/2009...erciseif-pick/

snatch grip deadlift is a great exercise but scroll down a little and see the importance of testosterone and how that helps

Comment

• Strained my lower back a little on my last set of deadlifts. Got lazy and my form was off. I'm feeling it right now. It's killing me.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
            Strained my lower back a little on my last set of deadlifts. Got lazy and my form was off. I'm feeling it right now. It's killing me.
            This is why I kind of hate deads. Great exercise when you do them right but pretty easy to lose form on and the price you pay is high. I guess though if it was easy everyone would do it. Get well soon dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
              http://www.fitnessspotlight.com/2009...erciseif-pick/

snatch grip deadlift is a great exercise but scroll down a little and see the importance of testosterone and how that helps
              so regular dead lift with wider grip?

Cause thats pretty much how I deadlift, ass down from the waist and knees bent around 90+-

But my knees and chest don't go over the bar. A bit of my shoulders do, and the bar is right on top the arch of my foot.

I'm ask my doc for some testosterone pills.

Comment

• Just did back. Sorenessness coming my way.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                Originally posted by fenikz
                we all hate you

Comment

• Anybody got any good excercises to do with Kettlebells?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                    Anybody got any good excercises to do with Kettlebells?
                    I will hit you up with a link in a bit, just got outta class and gotta make the trek back to Queens from Manhattan.
                    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Just a note on P90X. I did it through, twice, and it's really not that great, imo.

There is a LOT of cardio if you follow the weekly plan and if, like me, you're a "hard-gainer" (ie super strong metabolism) you're going to need to eat huge amounts of healthy calories to keep up and put on even lean muscle.

Plus the workouts are longer and more intense (cardio wise) then a standard gym workout so you really burn a lot of calories. They also aren't set up for muscle building, ie.. back twice a week, almost no rest between sets, minimal weights, some strange combinations of workouts, rest weeks too often.

If you're just looking to improve your cardio and tone up a bit, go for it. Don't expect to go in and REALLY put on lean muscle. It IS good as a primer for a gym workout, though. I did it for 90 days, cut down my body fat, and now am going to the gym and it's going well.

Also, the ab exercises are good to start but after a couple weeks you'd want to switch to a different routine to get better results.

And yes, you switch workouts (sort of) but it is REALLY boring. After two weeks, if you're anything like me, you're going to hate it.

Also, if you're not good at pullups and/or pushups, don't bother. You're not going to get a quarter of the results you would from a gym using neg-rep pullups or a chair. You really should be able to do 6 sets of 6 pullups within 10 minutes before you consider doing this workout and cut out one of the back exercises. Don't do back twice a week unless you want to pull something.

Just my 2 cents on P90X. My body hates muscle and I'm not a naturally strong or fit person, however, so it might just be me. ;)

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Thinking of getting into spinning at school this year.

Great way to stay in shape and meet tons of fit girls

Comment

• Well you're using it for the wrong thing. It's not supposed to be a workout to gain on. It's to lose weight and get lean.

Comment

• P90x is definitely for cutting down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                              Thinking of getting into spinning at school this year.
                              Hope you're ready to die.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                                Hope you're ready to die.
                                Ron Artest said in an interview that it's the hardest ******* workout he's ever done in his life.

I need to find that interview. It's easily one of the most entertaining ones I've ever read.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information