Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spinning is hard as brodeur watching indie films.
    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      Ron Artest said in an interview that it's the hardest ******* workout he's ever done in his life.

I need to find that interview. It's easily one of the most entertaining ones I've ever read.
      I went to a hockey camp this one time where they had us spin for an hour before a two-hour practice. I almost died. Everyone was falling down because of the soreness.

Comment

• Yeah other than your class more than likely consisting of 90% hot girls spinning class will not be fun for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
          Yeah other than your class more than likely consisting of 90% hot girls spinning class will not be fun for you.
          Sounds like torture :D

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
            spinning is hard as brodeur watching indie films.
            This is hilarious. Wasn't overlooked.

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
            Sounds like torture :D
            It will be when they see you over there struggling to keep up with them.

I did spin once. I wore sweatpants and didnt bring a water bottle. It sucked but I was ill-prepared. The real hotties are in zumba these days.

Comment

• Anyone ever have your triceps just completely die out of nowhere on CG Bench. Happened to me today for the first time in a while and it sucks. Your just going along, first 6 reps are great, 7th is a little tough, touch the 8th to you chest and everything just shuts down haha
              Last edited by Rob S; 09-02-2010, 03:19 PM.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                Anybody got any good excercises to do with Kettlebells?
                As promised:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...ge=Kettlebells

There are a crapload of good routine/info here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                  Anyone ever have your triceps just completely die out of nowhere on CG Bench. Happened to me today for the first time in a while and it sucks. Your just going along, first 6 reps are great, 7th is a little tough, touch the 8th to you chest and everything just shuts down haha
                  I had this happen. It's funny how it just seems so easy and then your triceps shut down suddenly.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                  02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  we all hate you

Comment

• It also sucks because of the lower weight so you look like a ***** not being able to get it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      It also sucks because of the lower weight so you look like a ***** not being able to get it up.
                      Same when doing pyramids on the bench. On the 8th set you're just doing the bar and it's really hard. haha

we all hate you

Comment

• Im bout to start air alert

Anyone tried it or know anything about it?

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          Ron Artest said in an interview that it's the hardest ******* workout he's ever done in his life.

I need to find that interview. It's easily one of the most entertaining ones I've ever read.
                          My secret weapon is spin class. It's crazy. My first time there, I'm like, "What the hell is this? A bunch of girls and old people on bikes? Easy." So I get on the bike, and within 10 minutes I wanted to quit. But I can't when these girls are hardly sweating. Can't quit. So I kept going. When it's over, I've got a pool of sweat under me. I've never done anything so hard in my life.

(Note: this is a completely accurate description of "spin class." The innocuous name belies the endgame. Bottom line: It's ritualized torture, complete with an overly-chipper instructor and anorexic women shaming you into continuing the horror. Stay away from spinning.)
                          http://www.sbnation.com/2010/8/2/160...n-class-celine

I don't know if that's the exact interview, but spinning is indeed ridiculous. It was the only time in my life where I literally had to stop. I've always been able to get through something. Spinning was too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                            It also sucks because of the lower weight so you look like a ***** not being able to get it up.
                            I don't worry about that. People just saw me run my 5x5 regualr bench beforehand and half the people in my gym couldn't bench what CG anyway. Plus, who really cares....I always try and help out weak people trying to get stronger, there was a time for all of us when 135 was an accomplishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                              I don't worry about that. People just saw me run my 5x5 regualr bench beforehand and half the people in my gym couldn't bench what CG anyway. Plus, who really cares....I always try and help out weak people trying to get stronger, there was a time for all of us when 135 was an accomplishment.
                              What weight do you do?

we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                                Im bout to start air alert

Anyone tried it or know anything about it?
                                Is that a vertical increasing program? Heard it messes with your knees because of the repetitive jumping.

Ive heard that Kelly Baggett's program is great. Youtube Frank Yang.
                                Peyton Manning Fanboy
                                Originally posted by Complex
                                They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information