Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
    thanks a lot ravens.
    hopefully it works for me. I'm tired of being the skinniest kid around lol
    Eat. Eat. Eat. Eat. Lift. RepEAT.

Comment

• haha, I eat all the time but don't gain weight.
      But I only eat healthy foods... rarely do I have anything considered bad (ex: cookies, donuts, fast food, etc.)

Originally Posted by scottyboy
      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

haha, I eat all the time but don't gain weight.
        But I only eat healthy foods... rarely do I have anything considered bad (ex: cookies, donuts, fast food, etc.)
        You will need to eat more then to gain weight, it's a pretty simple equation. Skinny people who think they eat a lot rarely actually do. If you actually are eating a lot (3500+ calories a day) and can't gain weight, start drinking tall glasses of whole milk throughout the day.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

thanks a lot ravens.
          hopefully it works for me. I'm tired of being the skinniest kid around lol
          remember you gotta eat a lot and drink a lot of milk. Get rest when you can to bulk up. It will take a while but that workout works. I gained 17 pounds in the summer with it. Brian Cushing used it in HS.

Comment

• Unbelieveable

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
              remember you gotta eat a lot and drink a lot of milk. Get rest when you can to bulk up. It will take a while but that workout works. I gained 17 pounds in the summer with it. Brian Cushing used it in HS.
              Yeah, I drink milk non-stop.
              I wish I had known about this over the summer, because then I definitley would have started it then.
              The guy I usually go to the gym with cant always make it on MWF, so I'll have to find somebody to work with and help me with everything

my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• I always go solo. I love it that way. The only downside is not having a spotter for bench.

Comment

Unbelieveable
                  i fixed your link.

you don't copy the whole URL into the quotations. What you copy is in red...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJKuIMOB6i8&feature=related
                  Last edited by Bosanac01; 09-12-2010, 09:53 PM.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                  02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  we all hate you

Comment

I always go solo. I love it that way. The only downside is not having a spotter for bench.
                    I have a friend who lifts just as identical as I do so we go together all the time. Rarely do I go solo. It's great because we push each other to do more. Sometimes I will have an off day and he'll have a good day but he'll push me to do what he does and I don't want him to make me look bad. Also he spots me on anything that needs spotting, which is good because I can do that "extra" rep and if i fail he's there.

we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                      I have a friend who lifts just as identical as I do so we go together all the time. Rarely do I go solo. It's great because we push each other to do more. Sometimes I will have an off day and he'll have a good day but he'll push me to do what he does and I don't want him to make me look bad. Also he spots me on anything that needs spotting, which is good because I can do that "extra" rep and if i fail he's there.
                      Yeah, thats why I like to go with my friend.
                      So I know I can push myself my absolute hardest and know that if I fail, he'll be there to help out.

The only problem is that he's a good amount stronger than me. I'd like to find someone who does the about same amount as me on certain workouts but I'm not sure I'm good friends with anyone who is.

Comment

• Been doing the Bear Complex for about a month now, one of the trainers got to me doing it, and it feels pretty natural now. I'm doing 5 sets, 7 reps each, at 185 pounds. Taking decent breaks between sets. The last 2 sets kick my ass all the time but I usually maintain form. The push press after the back squat is always the thoughest. Only problem is that after I finish my sets I'm so damn tired to continue a full workout day.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• thats why you leave the complexs for off days, or at the end of a workout.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                            Eat. Eat. Eat. Eat. Lift. RepEAT.
                            Forgot the 8 hours of sleep part. Maximizes lean mass gain.

Comment

• First time did decline dumbbell presses, felt good.

we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                                Been doing the Bear Complex for about a month now, one of the trainers got to me doing it, and it feels pretty natural now. I'm doing 5 sets, 7 reps each, at 185 pounds. Taking decent breaks between sets. The last 2 sets kick my ass all the time but I usually maintain form. The push press after the back squat is always the thoughest. Only problem is that after I finish my sets I'm so damn tired to continue a full workout day.
                                Complex with 185 is straight beastly. Good ****, man.
                                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information