Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't workout on an empty stomach. Does that thing make you feel like your stomach is filled up after you take it?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
    Originally posted by fenikz
    we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
      I couldn't workout on an empty stomach. Does that thing make you feel like your stomach is filled up after you take it?
      I can't workout on a full stomach lol. And no it doesn't. It worked great tonight for me. I could tell that I could do more with less fatigue. I almost fainted after my sets of cleans and had a stomach ache.. but it worked great.

Comment

• Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
        I can't workout on a full stomach lol. And no it doesn't. It worked great tonight for me. I could tell that I could do more with less fatigue. I almost fainted after my sets of cleans and had a stomach ache.. but it worked great.
        How do you almost faint? I can't workout on an empty stomach. I can on a full stomach, but I try to always time it right where it's like I eat 1 hour before my workout.

we all hate you

Comment

How do you almost faint? I can't workout on an empty stomach. I can on a full stomach, but I try to always time it right where it's like I eat 1 hour before my workout.
          I put the weights down, stood up and got real lightheaded.

Comment

• Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
            I put the weights down, stood up and got real lightheaded.
            thats the caffeine rush. It happens, it slowly goes away. Also the amount of blood your body is pumping your not used to. Notice all the vains, also drink lots of water for the creatine.

Comment

• That can happen at any random time as well. Working out or not.

we all hate you

Comment

• I workout chest twice a week. Is that too much? I have a day where I do free weights and a day when I do bar. I flip over incline and decline and do different stuff every time.

we all hate you

Comment

I workout chest twice a week. Is that too much? I have a day where I do free weights and a day when I do bar. I flip over incline and decline and do different stuff every time.
                  i do 5x5 and it has chest...well bench Monday and Friday.

Comment

I workout chest twice a week. Is that too much? I have a day where I do free weights and a day when I do bar. I flip over incline and decline and do different stuff every time.
                    The best way to improve your bench is to get under the bar 2x a week, so no it's not too much. Ditch the decline though, it's kinda useless.
                    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• decline is good for shaping, not so much for gains

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• I was told by a physical therapist that if I was going to do chest twice a week I needed to do back twice a week too.

Can't remember the exact reasoning but it made sense when he told me.

Comment

• I think I have a very good program. Working well for me. I have time to go to the gym everyday except Sunday. I wanna workout daily but I do not want to stay too long in the gym. This is how it goes.

M: Biceps
                          T: Shoulders
                          W: Chest and Triceps
                          T: Legs
                          F: Back... little biceps
                          S: Chest and Triceps
                          S: Off

I will mix out the workouts every week, but the days stay the same. For example I bench only on Saturdays. One week i'll do 5x5, another week I'll do pyramids, 3rd week I'll do heavy 3 sets.

we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
                            I was told by a physical therapist that if I was going to do chest twice a week I needed to do back twice a week too.

Can't remember the exact reasoning but it made sense when he told me.
                            You need a strong back to support a strong chest. Think about it from the perspective of a girl with big boobs.

It's a common misconception that the lats oppose the pecs though....it's actually the deltoids that oppose the pecs.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Does anyone take Surge or another designated PWO shake? If so, I can save you at least 50 percent of the cost. Let me know.
                              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                                You need a strong back to support a strong chest. Think about it from the perspective of a girl with big boobs.

It's a common misconception that the lats oppose the pecs though....it's actually the deltoids that oppose the pecs.
                                aren't deltoids the rear of your shoulder?

You Lats stretch from top to bottom and usually girls with big boobs have lower back pains. Weak lower lats/back can't support the top heaviness. Your Traps and Lats help give good posture as to support the weight.
                                Last edited by brat316; 10-08-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information