Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you work the inside of your chest muscles out? Ya know your inner pecks?

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
      How would you work the inside of your chest muscles out? Ya know your inner pecks?
      Pec Flys do the trick

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
        That sounds impossible, have you or someone you know done it? That'd be incredible.
        Co worker of mine lost 14 lbs overnight by taking a ton of laxatives and spending like 6-7 hours in the sauna. He made his weigh in but his entire body cramped up on him from dehydration

Comment

• how do you all check your body fat? I messed around with one of those lil sensor things that you hold the metal part on both sides. anybody know how accurate those things are because it said i was 6.5% body fat.

it looked like this character right here:

RIP ST

Comment

• Losing mass amounts of water weight isnt really that hard. Garbage bags taped around your arms and legs, in a track suit in a sauna doing some form of exercise usually lets you cut 8-12 lbs in 24 hours. I used to have to cut for boxing, never to that extreme though.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shahin View Post
              how do you all check your body fat? I messed around with one of those lil sensor things that you hold the metal part on both sides. anybody know how accurate those things are because it said i was 6.5% body fat.

it looked like this character right here:
              These things are balls. If you are particularely hydrated that day, it can throw off your entire reading. Skin flaps is the way to go.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• That's the little gadget that said I was 16.8%

Comment

• Where do I go to get my body fat measured?

Comment

• I have a scale that gives me my weight, body fat%, and water%. I don't see how it can calculate the later two by just my feet being placed on it, must be bull.

Edit: Just stepped on it, 5 lbs over my usual weight. Onto Planet Fitness..

Comment

• Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
                      I have a scale that gives me my weight, body fat%, and water%. I don't see how it can calculate the later two by just my feet being placed on it, must be bull.
                      It can track water% based on a small pulse it sends through your feet. At least mine does

Comment

• I finished my regular routine for the week and have a rest day tomorrow. Anyone have any extra workouts that they do? Sprints or something? I'm not trying to do any lifting or typical cardio.

Comment

• Sprints + running stairs was always fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                            I finished my regular routine for the week and have a rest day tomorrow. Anyone have any extra workouts that they do? Sprints or something? I'm not trying to do any lifting or typical cardio.
                            100 yard lunges....then sprint back. Then lung 10 yards push up 5, lung 10 yards pushs up 5, untill you get back where u finished.

Comment

• JUMP ROPE!!!!

I am telling you. Great, great cardio in terms of calorie burning. Also causes great agility gains. Plus, if you are semi-athletic you can pick it up really well within a week to the point where you are doing really cool stuff.
                              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
                                I have a scale that gives me my weight, body fat%, and water%. I don't see how it can calculate the later two by just my feet being placed on it, must be bull.

Edit: Just stepped on it, 5 lbs over my usual weight. Onto Planet Fitness..
                                Planet Fitness is where I go, love it. I heard there was a gym for 10 bucks a month and I thought everything would be made of wood, lol, but they have nice equipment. The only thing I don't like is the barbells don't go over 75 lbs. I don't need it right now, but soon I will if I keep up my current progress when I do benching with the barbells.
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information