Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
    I was told by a physical therapist that if I was going to do chest twice a week I needed to do back twice a week too.

    Can't remember the exact reasoning but it made sense when he told me.
    Most chest exercises are push exercises. Most back exercises are pull exercises. You usually want a 50-50 split between push and pull exercises, so if you're going to do one twice a week, you should do the other twice a week.

    Comment


    • Push: chest triceps
      Pull: lats biceps

      Deltoids are the shoulder muscles. I don't remember if it's the anterior or posterior deltoid that is the agonist/antagonist with the chest. I learned it in grade 12.

      sig by BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • i recently bought the perfect pushup. anyone else ever used this? does it work? is there any tips on what to do?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by alca1992 View Post
          i recently bought the perfect pushup. anyone else ever used this? does it work? is there any tips on what to do?
          Its pretty good. Nothing really, just try out variations of workouts.

          Wide, narrow, feet up, hands up, elbows in, elbows out. You will get nice forearms. Push up are one of those great great chest exercises.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
            Its pretty good. Nothing really, just try out variations of workouts.

            Wide, narrow, feet up, hands up, elbows in, elbows out. You will get nice forearms. Push up are one of those great great chest exercises.
            how long til you see results? im not expecting to look like brock lesner after 3 weeks but im kinda curious how long til you notice results.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by alca1992 View Post
              how long til you see results? im not expecting to look like brock lesner after 3 weeks but im kinda curious how long til you notice results.
              I used it every day before bed to knock out a few reps..every day increasing by 1. I would take the weekends off, and also I did workout at the gym. But with in 2 weeks you'll notice some new forearm muscles and your chest being a little tighter/it pushing out more.

              Comment


              • Im about to start putting my weight back. My plan is nano vapor pre workout cell tech for post workout and a whole lot of protein.

                Comment


                • Try a gallon of milk...try to finish it in 5 days. A healthy way to add weight. Take skim for example, 1 gallon had 16 servings, at 1 cup. Now each cup had 90 calories no fat, and 8 gram of protein. Now your total comes out to 1440 calories and 128 gram of protein, in a 5 day period. That is extra on top of whatever you are eating. Drink 3 cups a day, 1 in the morning and 2 at night before bed. This way it doesn't interfere or give you a full feeling. And this is just with skim, try 2% same protein but more calories.

                  Add in creatine and protein to your PWO meals and balance out what you need to eat u'll be set. Cell tech and all that other **** is BS, most of it is. Its just sugar and crap. There are a few good ones but you gotta look around. It is crap because once you come off it, you don't keep the weight on. But once you come of your bulk eating habits, you'll most likley keep the weight on, you'll loose maybe a 2-3 lbs cause your not going to eat as much. But you won't see as much a drop with those weight gainers.

                  Better off making your own PWO weight gainer. Oats blended up, then add banana, chocolate, peanut butter, creatine, some protein powder and milk. I'm sure there is a better recipe but you get the idea.

                  Comment


                  • Why is everybody on here so concerned with adding weight? Do you guys play a sport were you need bulk or is it just vanity/an arbitrary benchmark?

                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                      Why is everybody on here so concerned with adding weight? Do you guys play a sport were you need bulk or is it just vanity/an arbitrary benchmark?
                      A bit of everything for me. Why can't I add and loose weight to make my muscle stick out more? Or to help me out a little for when I play football on the weekends with my buddies.

                      Aren't you the one who said football players are the worst athletes cause you had a 2 mile race with one and lapped him twice. But I be if you both raced in a 40, he probably could beat you backwards.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                        A bit of everything for me. Why can't I add and loose weight to make my muscle stick out more? Or to help me out a little for when I play football on the weekends with my buddies.

                        Aren't you the one who said football players are the worst athletes cause you had a 2 mile race with one and lapped him twice. But I be if you both raced in a 40, he probably could beat you backwards.
                        Not the worst athletes, I said that they tend to not be the most physically fit. Quick twitch athletes who can only go for about 15 seconds at a time are of no use to me. My bias is that of a soldier, because that's what I am. We get football stars that think their studs all the time because they bench 350 and run 4.5 but 9 times out of 10 they end up being worthless. I'm all about good functional strength and weight. The thing with extra bulk is, you have to carry what you grow and trust me every pound matters.

                        Different people have different goals, I get that. The thing that gets me is that people seem so much more concerned with appearing strong and fit than actually being strong and fit.

                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

                        Comment


                        • I believe most people will rather look strong and fit, no matter how strong and fit they are. It's the looks that count.

                          But for me they overlap.

                          Sig by: BK

                          02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                          02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                          Originally posted by fenikz
                          we all hate you

                          Comment


                          • If you look strong, as in muscle popping out and veins you usually are strong.

                            But there are guys who don't look strong, or like that at all and are putting up a **** ton of weight in DL or squats.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                              I believe most people will rather look strong and fit, no matter how strong and fit they are. It's the looks that count.

                              But for me they overlap.
                              It's not the look that counts if you actually have to do something physical! I'm 6'3 180-90 lbs depending on if you catch me before or after a meal or a dump and the oda's that I work with are more often than not just like me, lanky dudes that can go forever.

                              For me, one rep maxes and how fast you can sprint 40 yards are absolutely irrelevant to anything that happens in life...for you guys maybe they're not. It is what it is I guess.

                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

                              Comment


                              • I don't see how running 20 miles can be relevant to anything you do in life. Really what is relevant?

                                Sig by: BK

                                02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                                Originally posted by fenikz
                                we all hate you

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information