Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
    See with morning workouts you need more calories, protein and ****** weight gainer will not cut it. You need real food. You metabolism will work extra hard from morning workouts till you sleep.
    Well i wake up every morning and drink my shake and toast with peanut butter and come back to eat an actual breakfast...

Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
      Well i wake up every morning and drink my shake and toast with peanut butter and come back to eat an actual breakfast...
      If your losing weight, eat more. It's easy.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
        okay. Now just eat 6 more meals with good whole calories, not empty fillers.

Comment

• I'm gonna start a routine at the gym next week, basically aiming to tone up (gain muscle/burn fat). What would be a good routine for me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
            I'm gonna start a routine at the gym next week, basically aiming to tone up (gain muscle/burn fat). What would be a good routine for me?
            There are a lot of things you could do. If you want the quickest results, I'd say do high intensity stuff. Do more reps with lower weight, go hard on them though. Do some cardio and sprints.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
            02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
            Originally posted by fenikz
            we all hate you

Comment

• Low rep high weight, track your food intake, and HIIT on non-lifting days. Fasted HIIT/interval running in the morning if you can.

Comment

• Rob I need some help on my A2G squats. When I'm doing parallel squats, Im good with my back being flat and straight. Even when I go a bit below its good. But when I sink all they way down, I think the bottom of my back rounds out a bit. Any advice? Some guy pointed this out to me and said just not to go that low. My knees are behind my toes, shoulder width stance and my stoamch either touches my thighs or goes in between them. You think I maybe leaning forward when I get that far down?

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                  Rob I need some help on my A2G squats. When I'm doing parallel squats, Im good with my back being flat and straight. Even when I go a bit below its good. But when I sink all they way down, I think the bottom of my back rounds out a bit. Any advice? Some guy pointed this out to me and said just not to go that low. My knees are behind my toes, shoulder width stance and my stoamch either touches my thighs or goes in between them. You think I maybe leaning forward when I get that far down?
                  hmm...as long as you can get slight above parallel with no rounding I would keep doing those. A2G would be nice though and I suspect flexibility could be the issue here (or the fact that you cant A2G the weight you had on the bar). Keep doing squats as low as you feel comfortable with the warmups being of the A2G variety since the weight will be lighter and you shouldn't round and throw in some good stretching for after lifting. Once your form feels pretty dialed on A2G, slowly phase it in the your main sets.
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• I've been doing this for 9 weeks now. I am doing the 5x5, with the link to the table you had on here. No pain so far, just some guy pointed it out to me this week. I'm at 180 lbs for A2G doesn't seem to be a problem.

Comment

• Any of you guys hear of the flex belt? Do you think it works?

http://www.theflexbelt.com/?mcp=2098...FYnd4AodlWgpXg

I spend a good hour on abs. I do v ups, then as many crunches as I can (knees and arms touch). I give myself some decent rest in between sets.

However, if this thing works, that would do wonders for me. I commute an hour to work and an hour back. If I can just strap this puppy on and have it work my abs while im driving, that would save me an hour of workout time a day, and i can use that to focus more on my chest, arms, and legs depending on the day (i work out a different muscle group each day).

I am also very aware that this is most likely a scam, but all the reviews online say it actually works, so now im curious.

Anyone have this or know someone who does?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Any of you guys hear of the flex belt? Do you think it works?

http://www.theflexbelt.com/?mcp=2098...FYnd4AodlWgpXg

I spend a good hour on abs. I do v ups, then as many crunches as I can (knees and arms touch). I give myself some decent rest in between sets.

However, if this thing works, that would do wonders for me. I commute an hour to work and an hour back. If I can just strap this puppy on and have it work my abs while im driving, that would save me an hour of workout time a day, and i can use that to focus more on my chest, arms, and legs depending on the day (i work out a different muscle group each day).

I am also very aware that this is most likely a scam, but all the reviews online say it actually works, so now im curious.

Anyone have this or know someone who does?
                        Never used it but i would say just put in the work. Abs shouldn't be a big focus anyways. Stimulation and growth can come from nondirect work.
                        Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                          Never used it but i would say just put in the work. Abs shouldn't be a big focus anyways. Stimulation and growth can come from nondirect work.
                          i can feel my abs underneath a thin layer of fat. it's muscular in there, i just can't shed that extra layer of fat to get them to show though.

I'm more worried about strengthening my lower core though. I feel that i can do some work there.

I mainly focus on legs and trying to focus more on core. My upper body is the last thing I work on, just bc I feel that most of your functional every day strength comes from your core and legs, and bc I can't spend too much time every day working out, i rather focus on the bigger muscle groups.

Comment

• yo bbd hows your diet? that could get you that 6 pack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                              yo bbd hows your diet? that could get you that 6 pack.
                              i don't necessarily have a strict diet.

i cut soda completely out of my diet. nowadays its either water or orange juice. other than that, i just try to eat smaller portions.

i don't have time for 5 meals a day, i eat 3 times, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Comment

• ya IDK exactly what you are eating but try that before you buy that thing. It sounds like a scam.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information