Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
    My impression is that you should lift for strength at first. Once you've built a solid foundation you can move on to the BB bodypart split workouts. Jumping into a BB workout right away isn't going to do much because you don't have the strength to make any decent gains yet.
    The key to gaining weight is proper diet. but stronger muscle can get bigger quicker I believe not 100% sure.

Comment

• Hey guys...I work out like 3-4 times a week. Im a little older now (28). Im trying to eliminate the spare tire around my mid section before summer. Right now i am about 5'6" 165 lbs. Im not really trying to get huge, I just like staying in shape and being somewhat active since im sitting on my ass all day at work.

My workout routine currently consists of:
      30 Min run on treadmill (6.8 speed)
      Bench Press - 3x10 (135 lbs)
      Pull ups 3x10 /Push ups 3x20 (I do intervals...one set of pull ups/one set of push ups)
      Abs - 1 set of 20 standard crunches, 1 set of 15 raised leg crunches, 1 set of 10 leg raises, 1 set of 20 scissor kicks, 1 set of 15 sit ups where i lay with my legs on the floor and just lift my upper body
      Dips - 3x15
      Barbell Curls 3x10
      Dumbell Tricep Extension 3x10
      Bench dips - 2x20
      Dumbell Curls 3x8
      Lat Pulldown - 3x10
      Machine Tricep extension - 3x10
      Pullups to exhaustion
      Pushups to exhaustion

Any ideas of what I can do to modify this...i guess to maximize calorie/fat burn. The weather is getting nicer so I am going to start going on my 4 mile runs again twice a week. I also heard doing sprints is a good way to lose the weight from your midsection. If any of you are experts/trainers can you give me a few tips.

Thanks

Comment

• 1. I always do a brief cardio warm up before I lift and do my main cardio afterwords with a long, slow cool-down. It helps circulate that lactic acid and ADP so that you are not as sore the next day.

2. What does your leg workout routine consist of?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Ill be honest, i don't do any leg work outs besides running. Running outside in my area, there are alot of hills so my legs get a pretty good workout that way.

Comment

• If the workout is good for you and see the result you're happy with, then I don't see why you should change it. One thing I couldn't do is lift weight after running for 30 mins.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
            02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
            Originally posted by fenikz
            we all hate you

Comment

• Yea...im the opposite...i cant run after lifting...I don't lift really heavy weight...i like doing push ups, pull ups and dips the most and just using body weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SolidGold View Post
                Yea...im the opposite...i cant run after lifting...I don't lift really heavy weight...i like doing push ups, pull ups and dips the most and just using body weight.
                Well in that case I think you should change it up a bit. Do something you're not as strong at. A lot of people build their work out program around exercises they do good in.

I'll say do something you're less comfortable doing. Maybe something you're really weak at and make it your strongest exercise.

we all hate you

Comment

• If you're looking to lose fat there's not much better than HIIT and a moderate diet. Google will help you.

In other news I just found out my barbell is not 45 lbs. like I thought. It's 30 lbs. I've been lifting 15 less lbs. than I thought. That really sucks.

Comment

If you're looking to lose fat there's not much better than HIIT and a moderate diet. Google will help you.

In other news I just found out my barbell is not 45 lbs. like I thought. It's 30 lbs. I've been lifting 15 less lbs. than I thought. That really sucks.
                    oh man that's a bummer. I know how you feel.

we all hate you

Comment

• Yeah I feel like a real loser now.

Comment

Yeah I feel like a real loser now.
                        That would suck if you though you could bench like 250 and then go to your friends gym to show you can do more then him and you can barely get it off your chest.

we all hate you

Comment

• Does anyone here use pre-workout?

Comment

• I do. I'm constantly trying new ones just to compare.
                            The one that worked the best for me was Animal Pump. (Pills is a plus for me since I think all the shakes taste like ****)
                            Super Pump... was okay but I re-named it SuperDump since I had to take a dump prior to the workout. Got annoying.
                            I'm taking Body Rush now. Doesn't taste terrible and definitely gets me amped up. I'm a fan of it.
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I wanna get bigger and stronger, tell me a supplement I should use.

Could be pills, shakes, capsules, whatever.

we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                                I wanna get bigger and stronger, tell me a supplement I should use.

Could be pills, shakes, capsules, whatever.

If you can find it on sale, go for ON Hydrowhey. I absolutely love it, but full price it's too expensive. It's by far my favorite PWO product, and I got it for half price a week ago and was so happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information