Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this seems like it's on sale.

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrit.../dp/B002QZQGBY

but damn. paying over $30 for less than two pounds is expensive. i guess i'm too used to the cheap stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
      this seems like it's on sale.

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrit.../dp/B002QZQGBY

but damn. paying over $30 for less than two pounds is expensive. i guess i'm too used to the cheap stuff.
      Yeah, **** is costly, even on sale. I'm not going to act like I know all the ins and outs of what makes it up, but I do know I've used it and it's been tremendous for me.

Comment

• ON Whey is awesome. I think Whey Protein in general is awesome for post.
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
          ON Whey is awesome. I think Whey Protein in general is awesome for post.

It is. I also picked up the ON Pro Complex. Haven't gotten it yet, but it looks really good.

And I do know the Hydrowhey is supposed to be incredibly fast digesting.

Comment

• I really like ON whey vanilla ice cream flavored protein.

I just started using RESULTS by At Large Nutrition. It's supposed to take about 10 days to work into your system but from there your strength and energy is supposed to increase significantly. Several big and strong guys I've talked to swear by it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
              If you can find it on sale, go for ON Hydrowhey. I absolutely love it, but full price it's too expensive. It's by far my favorite PWO product, and I got it for half price a week ago and was so happy.
              I think I'll get that. Right now I'm about 5'9 190lbs and haven't used a supplement in a year, but I'm always looking to get bigger.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
              Originally posted by fenikz
              we all hate you

Comment

• I'm 5'9 190 also. I think I'll try that RESULTS once the Body Rush I'm taking is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                  I'm 5'9 190 also. I think I'll try that RESULTS once the Body Rush I'm taking is done.
                  Cool let me know how it goes, I think I finally started to feel the effects of it last night. I started bench (I do 5 sets of 5) and after my first set I was like oh crap I'm not gonna make it through. I hit the point where in the past I would've given up but I had more energy than usual. That may have also just been a coincidence but It's only just barely been 10 days and I've been dealing with a foot injury which in general makes it harder (for me anyway) to lift heavy even on bench.

Once I finish my tub of ON whey I will probably try ALN's "Nitrean" whey blend. It's more expensive but I spend time on wannabebig.com which is the forum that At Large Nutrition owns. I've learned a lot there so I try to buy their supplements and support the company if I can.

BTW ALN is not paying me or doing anything for me, I just like them and the forums over there are really helpful so I figured I'd tell you guys about it.

Comment

• Update us on the Nitrean. I was just on the ALN website reading about it.
                    I take Casein protein before bed every night now anyways so maybe I'll look into that once that bottle of protein in done.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                      1. I always do a brief cardio warm up before I lift and do my main cardio afterwords with a long, slow cool-down. It helps circulate that lactic acid and ADP so that you are not as sore the next day.

2. What does your leg workout routine consist of?
                      day 1

Box squats
                      Romanian deadlift
                      bulgarian split squats
                      calfs

(This will kill you, especially when I max out on box squats)

day 2

deadlift
                      romanian deadlift
                      reverse lunges
                      calfs

(this is bad but nothing compared to day 1)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                        day 1

Box squats
                        Romanian deadlift
                        bulgarian split squats
                        calfs

(This will kill you, especially when I max out on box squats)

day 2

deadlift
                        romanian deadlift
                        reverse lunges
                        calfs

(this is bad but nothing compared to day 1)

I train with a professional body building coach, and this is what he has me doing for my legs right now. He switches it up every 2 weeks and I do something different.

Day 1

A1./ Squat 4 @ 6-8 (31*0): 1.5 min

B1./ RDL 3 @ 8-10: 1.5 min SS
                        B2./ Split Squat (3120) 2 @ 8-10

C1./ Step Up 2 @ 10-15: 1 min

D1./ Leg Extensions 2 @ 10-15: 1 min

Day 2

A1./ Deadlift or Trap Bar Deadlift 3 @ 6-8: 1.5 min AS
                        or Leg Curls

B1./ Bulgarian Split Squat (31*0) 2 @ 8-10: 1.5 SS
                        B2./ Leg Curl or Split Squat (Holds) 2 @ 8-10

C1./ Reverse Lunge 2 @ 10-15 per leg: 1 min

D1./ TKE (3120) 2 @ 10-15 per leg: 1 min

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                        Originally posted by fenikz
                        we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                          If the workout is good for you and see the result you're happy with, then I don't see why you should change it. One thing I couldn't do is lift weight after running for 30 mins.
                          You see, I don't run my max for the whole hour, but what I'm doing know Is running for an hour (I got up to 5 miles in an hour on Saturday, just in time for making my goal) averaging about my 80% and then on my lower body days I usually do a lot of high rep less weight, and since I started going back three weeks ago, I've lost a lot of fat on my legs, especially my calves, and my legs are stronger.

I've also added running on the elliptical at medium resisitance at about 90% of my max the whole time for a half an hour, and that has been another addition to my workout that I think is helping a lot. I've lost enough weight now that I can see a little bit of a difference in my face and neck, and if it weren't for having my huge ass legs, I would be able to see all of my feet when I look down. I can see past my former gut, but my thighs are so big that I can't see the back half of my feet.
                          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Once my leg gets better (Stress fracture on my right shin), I think I'm going to steal that leg workout.
                            Doc wants me to work out legs, but mainly just stretching and using my bodyweight as the resistance.
                            I have the opposite problem. I'm top heavy with chicken legs.
                            Even when I was at my best (with legs), I really didn't see any increase in size. Just definition.
                            Those Bulgarian Split Squats look hardcore. I'm gonna try 'em.

Comment

• My new bar is on a UPS truck and should arrive before I get home today. I am kind of psyched about it. 1500 lb static test, all black, half off the regular price and I got free shipping.

I've been doing some reading and it looks like the main important ingredient in the more popular pre-workout supplements (like Jack3d, 1MR, etc) is 1,3-Dimethylamylamine, also known as DMAA. You can get a 200 serving bag of the stuff on Amazon for pretty cheap. Thinking about adding it to my Results about a half-hour pre-workout to see if it helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                                I wanna get bigger and stronger, tell me a supplement I should use.

Could be pills, shakes, capsules, whatever.
                                I've never found a supplement that consistently works over time. NOXplode worked the first time I ever used it and hasn't done anything since. The BEST thing you can do is monitor your protein intake.

Think of your body as a car. Cars have gas tanks and food is your fuel. Carbs and fat CAN be stored by the body, protein CANNOT. Your body is in constant need of protein to maintain normal brain function and because your body cannot store protein, when your body doesn't have protein it pulls it from your muscles for use. Because of this, you need to be eating a significant source of protein (20-30 grams) every 3 hours or less. And at the very least you need to be matching your weight goal (in lbs.) with grams of protein for the day.

The first thing you eat when you wake-up should be eat protein, and the last thing you do before you go to bed (the longest you should go without protein) is eat protein.

As far as supplements are concerned, the only ones that are must haves are glutamine and an occasional cycle of creatine monohydrate (cheaper than ethyl esther and others) Take your multi, your fish oil, maybe a baby aspirin once a day... but other than that, you're pretty much throwing your money away in the longterm.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information