Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a good pure calisthenic workout?

I have been doing around 3-5 sets of 60 push-ups 3-4 days a week, paired with 2 minutes of ab workouts following each push-up set.

After starting at sets of 30 I have made progress to sets of 60, I am happy, but not fully content. I want to go further beyond this workout routine and challenge myself more. (Tomorrow I begin attempting sets of 70.) Anyone have like a Navy SEALS workout routine or something of the sort where its purely push-up/ab workout kind of thing.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

• Originally posted by brasho View Post
      I've got a friend of mine that owns a Crossfit gym in Woodbridge, Va. Of course he loves it but then I know a few people that go as well and they think very highly of it. I'm in favor of finding an exercise routine/regimen that isn't so painful/boring that you'll actually do it... so of course that is different for everybody.
      I weight lifted/did the normal gym routine thing pretty seriously for 10+ years, love the gym but the crossfits keep it just so ridiculously challenging and intense + work out different muscles everywhere that it constantly keeps it fresh and keeps me motivated. I love it, can't ever see myself going back to a 'normal' gym routine.

Comment

• anyone got any opinions on pilates?
        GO RAVENS

Comment

• Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
          anyone got any opinions on pilates?
          Was going to try it out today, but the class got canceled. Did TRX on the weekend.

Comment

• http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ceps_exercises

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...trap_exercises

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ceps_exercises

Interesting articles I figured I would share.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
              anyone got any opinions on pilates?
              Depends on what you want out of it, if you're trying to gain core strength it's probably fine if you want the same gains you'd get from a proper training program over a longer period of time.

Squats, sit ups, dips and push ups will get you the same gains only faster. Pilates has the added advantage of adding to your flexibility but if you stretch every morning pre and post work out like you should you'll see the same gains.

I looked into it to help with BJJ but I didn't get the same work out in an hours class as I did doing my morning routine.

Now days it's more tailored to suit mums and women looking to get fitter without having to smash themselves with proper recovery and all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                Now days it's more tailored to suit mums and women looking to get fitter without having to smash themselves with proper recovery and all that.
                Or for athletes rehabbing joint injuries. It really depends on the instructor and who else is in your class.

Comment

• I was curious about how you guys know about how to star ton a diet and working out doing it right and no starve your self etc.I plan on trying to a good 30 ish lbs or so this summer.I wanna get in the habit of working out and staying in good shape if possible.My height right now is 5'6" and I weigh about 208 lbs.Not too far off from good weight wise.Any thoughts on where to start off as far as work out goes?

Comment

• i'm doing the spartacus workout. it blows, but works.

Comment

• So I havent lifted weights since August of 06, finally decided to get back into it because I finally get to go to college and going to play football there. Went back in the weight room, and just to see what I could do, I maxed 300. Is that uncommon after roughly 4 and a half years of not lifting when my max was 375?

Comment

• Show off. I would say yes. That's uncommon.
                        I'm trying to get up to a set of 315 by next summer.
                        Not sure what my one rep max is right now. Next tried it.

So I've strained the **** out of my back doing deadlifts
                        stop doing them for a while to let my back rest/heal
                        then a couple of weeks later, I strained it again doing bent-over rows.
                        This **** ******* sucks.
                        Anyone ever deal with this? What's the best way to help it heal? To go along with rest.
                        I'm taking the next two weeks to just work on cardio and finals.
                        Then I'll resume weight-lifting. I'll be starting a "cut" phase this time around though
                        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                          Show off. I would say yes. That's uncommon.
                          I'm trying to get up to a set of 315 by next summer.
                          Not sure what my one rep max is right now. Next tried it.

So I've strained the **** out of my back doing deadlifts
                          stop doing them for a while to let my back rest/heal
                          then a couple of weeks later, I strained it again doing bent-over rows.
                          This **** ******* sucks.
                          Anyone ever deal with this? What's the best way to help it heal? To go along with rest.
                          I'm taking the next two weeks to just work on cardio and finals.
                          Then I'll resume weight-lifting. I'll be starting a "cut" phase this time around though
                          I got a herniated disc from doing deadlifts, which is why I stopped lifting in 06. I maxed 600 so my "brilliant" coach thought I could do the Bigger Fast Stronger sets with 8 reps 40% 6 reps 45% 4 reps 50%... lets just say I ended up crying and had to go to hospital.

They required me no lifting at all for a month, put me on two types of medicine (one was the steroids to help you) and almost had surgery. Then I played my senior year of HS with the crap and it was baddd. Still affects me every once in awhile, but its just something Ive learned to deal with. I dont know any remedies for stuff except Epson Salt is magic.

Comment

• Anyone use jacked?

Comment

• I have never used it. I'm afraid I would buy some and then my body would adjust to the stimulant in a week and the rest would be useless to me.

Comment

• I tried it yesterday, my cousin uses one scoop but said since I am bigger (6'0-6'1 240) I need more for it to work, so I decided to take 3.5 scoops. Lets just say it was crazy and it ended with me crapping and puking in the Wal-Marts bathroom.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information