Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always, always use 1 scoop when dealing with stim products for the first time.

Some are really potent in terms of what they contain for psychotrophic effects, like Jack3d and MusclePrime (not just the stims, but other compounds like DMAE).

Comment

• The DMAA is what appears to be the biggest stim in it and can be had at Amazon for cheap: http://www.amazon.com/3-Dimethylamyl.../dp/B003WSQPPQ

I use a non-stimulant pre-workout called Results by At Large Nutrition. I am not sure how much it has helped. I am not going to use it for a while once this tub runs out to see how it affects my energy.

Comment

• Anyone have a suggestion for running shoes that I can lift in? Looking at the Reebok Realflex but really don't know anything about running shoes.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

• I use C4 and really I haven't felt ****.

I know a bunch of guys who use Jack3d. You pretty much feel it for about a week and then it dies down. My friend who's using it said he'll throw it away because it makes him really dizzy and he feels like ****. He only uses like 1 scoop of it. But I know another very guy good at the gym who said he likes it, so IDK.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
          02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
          02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
          02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
          Originally posted by fenikz
          we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
            I use C4 and really I haven't felt ****.

I know a bunch of guys who use Jack3d. You pretty much feel it for about a week and then it dies down. My friend who's using it said he'll throw it away because it makes him really dizzy and he feels like ****. He only uses like 1 scoop of it. But I know another very guy good at the gym who said he likes it, so IDK.
            People become stim sensitive. It's the same reason why it's recommended to use a product like NO-Xplode/MusclePrime/Jack3d for a month then cycle off so the body can reset, and the same results can be felt later on.

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
              Anyone have a suggestion for running shoes that I can lift in? Looking at the Reebok Realflex but really don't know anything about running shoes.
              I don't know about lifting, but I like my new zigtechs. They're good for running. Fo sho.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Depending on the kind of lifting you are going to do, running shoes usually aren't the best because of the compressible sole. For things like squats and deadlifts (and to a lesser extent any other lift done standing up) they create less of a stable base to stand on and you waste energy compressing the sole that could be use to push against the floor and therefore lift the weight. It isn't the end of the world if that's all you have to lift in, or if you do primarily machine and non-standing lifts. But Converse Chucks are cheap and the sole is non-compressible.

Comment

• I'm gonna start running a significant amount more so that's the main issue, I just want to make sure I don't destroy my foot if something drops on it like it seems with the vibram shoes. I'll probably still lift in my old shoes.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

• If you are interested in vibrams but don't want to worry about foot damage or look like a lizard you could try Nike Free Run shoes. They are more "minimalist" but they are still shoes. I think those 5 Fingers look ridiculous and would never wear them in public.
                    Last edited by killxswitch; 05-13-2011, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Obviously it's way too light if you can do this many reps but damn this is motivational, haha that last rep thought he might blow a kidney:

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Nike Frees are the sex. They're so good for both running and lifting.

^picture of the pair I own.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                          Obviously it's way too light if you can do this many reps but damn this is motivational, haha that last rep thought he might blow a kidney:

I hate trap bar deadlifts its basically a 1/8th squat. but that was impressive.

Comment

• I don't really have "lifting shoes". Depends on what I want to do before/after the workout.
                            I like to shoot around (basketball) prior to or run after the workout.
                            So I'm either wearing Jordans or my New Balance running shoes.
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• There's a Nike Free TR out now. The cushioning isn't as strong as the Nike Free Run+ pair of kicks.

That said and all, I kinda wish Nike still produced Sparq S9s.

Comment

• Love Nike Free's. Insanely light and comfortable, perfect for running or the gym.

PS, how much protein do you guys consume post workout? Like 30 minutes-ish after?
                                I've been putting one scoop of my powder in milk or a shake (I think thats 30-35ish? grams), but my buddy told me today he puts in about double that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information