Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This website has FANTASTIC information to build a workout. It has an animated demonstration of every workout you could possibly think of to do.

http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      Its not grunting about planet fitness. The fact that the ones by me dont have a real bench/squat rack AND ban Deadlifts is what pisses me off. Those are the 3 most important lifts and they dont even have the equipment for them.
      I used to go to a planet fitness when I lived in Northern Virginia. Honestly I don't think the Siren ever went off. They only had 3 benches though. The gym I went to had 1 squat rack so I usually hogged it for 45 minutes while everyone else waited. Little room though. I was basically had to move around and do dead lifts by the cardio section. But hell 10$ a month, and Pizza once a month, what's not to like. The Sport and Health club I go to now charges almost as much in a month than I was paying for a year at PF. The S&HC though I go to now has some fine booty. Planet Fitness had leaky roofs and a water fountain that was either warm or not working. There's nothing more discouraging than doing some Military presses with water dripping in your eye.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• grunt after being a bike for 3 hours.
        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
          grunt after being a bike for 3 hours.
          No AQ, we all know why you ride bikes. So you can grunt the three hours during that bumpy ride. Not afterward :)
          Last edited by TitleTown088; 06-12-2009, 11:25 PM.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
            grunt after being a bike for 3 hours.
            Banana seat will do that to you

Comment

• I love snatches.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• What are some foods that have lots of good calories in them? Take into consideration for me that I'm vegetarian, no fish either or eggs ahha, oh and I don't eat onion or garlic even if its processed in food.

So far I found Brown rice and Broccoli, and Potatoes and Broccoli to be my meal after working out, anything else?

I need help taking in 3500-4000, and I avoid junk food, and sugar based.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                  What are some foods that have lots of good calories in them? Take into consideration for me that I'm vegetarian, no fish either or eggs ahha, oh and I don't eat onion or garlic even if its processed in food.

So far I found Brown rice and Broccoli, and Potatoes and Broccoli to be my meal after working out, anything else?

Whey protein?

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                    I like the sirens they have at Planet Fitness that makes the grunters/weight throwers feel like asshats. Its a rare occurance, but when they go off you'll hear about 10 people laughing, and some incredibly hacked guy is either all flustered or gets pissed. Haha.
                    Try not throwing your weight when your hang/power cleaning a **** load of weight... After your final rep, all you want to do is get that weight off of you. I usually just drop mine, but if I had a bad set, I'll throw it.

Comment

What are some foods that have lots of good calories in them? Take into consideration for me that I'm vegetarian, no fish either or eggs ahha, oh and I don't eat onion or garlic even if its processed in food.

Why are you a vegetarian?

Nothing is better than steak/beef and potatoes after a good lift.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                        Why are you a vegetarian?

Nothing is better than steak/beef and potatoes after a good lift.
                        True story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                          Try not throwing your weight when your hang/power cleaning a **** load of weight... After your final rep, all you want to do is get that weight off of you. I usually just drop mine, but if I had a bad set, I'll throw it.
                          That I don't have a problem with myself, but the people who like to bring attention to themselves, by throwing small weights like they are hot ****.
                          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                            That I don't have a problem with myself, but the people who like to bring attention to themselves, by throwing small weights like they are hot ****.
                            As for grunts... I usually have small grunts doing most of my lifts when I do heavy weight, but for squats, sometimes I really let one out if I'm doing a heavy set.

I don't know why, but it seems to help you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              True story.
                              I just don't understand how anyone can deprive themselves of the awesomeness of cow, pig, chicken, or lamb... It's mind boggling.

Comment

Oatmeal or whole wheat noodles, boi.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information