Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
    Man, I wish I'd started taking creatine sooner. Love it.
    Elaborate a little bit, I never took it.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
    Originally posted by fenikz
    we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
      Elaborate a little bit, I never took it.
      I was hesitant to take a creatine product because of all I read about people bloating, and how your muscles become just squishy and not hard, etc. but I haven't experienced any of it. Strong diet, with the creatine, and big time lifting and I've added 10 pounds in a month (midsection barely changed at all), my arms got even bigger, and all of my rep/weight totals have gone up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
        I was hesitant to take a creatine product because of all I read about people bloating, and how your muscles become just squishy and not hard, etc. but I haven't experienced any of it. Strong diet, with the creatine, and big time lifting and I've added 10 pounds in a month (midsection barely changed at all), my arms got even bigger, and all of my rep/weight totals have gone up.
        Which one are you taking? I might just try.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
        Originally posted by fenikz
        we all hate you

Comment

• A lot of the people knock it because "oh my god it's expensive" or "you can just buy a bunch of different supplements, mix them and then get the same ingredients" but I love it. It doesn't taste great, but I mix it with a banana and it's fine.

Comment

• All hydrolyzed protein?

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
              All hydrolyzed protein?
              I enjoyed Hydrowhey too, but I've just gotten explosive gains off this.

Comment

• anyone take prelift? My parents just bought me the ray lewis endorsed prelift for me. It has 1.5 grams of creatine per serving. You take 1-2 servings before you lift. Should I increase my water intake? I heard you should drink more water when you take creatine.

Comment

• Yes, increase your water intake when you're on creatine.
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                    anyone take prelift? My parents just bought me the ray lewis endorsed prelift for me. It has 1.5 grams of creatine per serving. You take 1-2 servings before you lift. Should I increase my water intake? I heard you should drink more water when you take creatine.
                    Yes you should. And I take Muscle Pharm Assault. By far the best pre workout I've come across.

Comment

• I would recommend drinking as much water as possible regardless of supplementation. Low water intake (and just not eating enough/too much) is often the first thing I look for if someone isn't reaching their goals whether that be gaining or losing weight or just being healthier in general.
                      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• The thing is Im still drinking a gallon of whole milk a day so IDK how much water I will be able to drink while doing that.

Comment

The thing is Im still drinking a gallon of whole milk a day so IDK how much water I will be able to drink while doing that.
                          Well, milk has a ton of water so you're getting a lot from that. Jut drink water as often as you possibly can and you will be fine. Most people drink a stunningly low amount of water, like less than a quart a day.

Comment

• ok sounds good.

How is your lifting going Rob? I remember a while ago you said you did 531.

Wat assistance do you do for that?

I mainly do high rep for my assitance but I was wondering since my bench really really sucks could I do low rep floor presses or CGBP in order to help build my tricep strength up

Comment

ok sounds good.

How is your lifting going Rob? I remember a while ago you said you did 531.

Wat assistance do you do for that?

I mainly do high rep for my assitance but I was wondering since my bench really really sucks could I do low rep floor presses or CGBP in order to help build my tricep strength up
                              I switched from 5-3-1. Not because it was a bad program, just because I personally don't like combining training for failure and training 4 days per week (which I refused to give up). In terms of increasing bench and tricep strength, personally I have found that heavy (6-8 reps) close grip bench is the best assistance. I would do something like: flat bench (5x5 or 3x8), DB incline (3x10), CG Bench (4x8), whatever else you want (flys, tri ext., skull crushers, etc).

Comment

• Right now I'm alternating weeks 3x12 and 5x10
                                I'm trying to trim fat right now though
                                On my power/strength phase, I alternate weekly 4x5 and 10-8-6
                                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information