Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was about to say, I never farted with squats but with deadlifts... always lol
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I was doing situps on a decline bench with a resistance band over my shoulders, after doing an intense ab workout.. I let out a real stinker on the way up. Luckily, no one was around to hear or smell.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• I was feeling pretty sick so today i decided to skip my workout (probably do it tomorrow). I also had a magnum ice-cream bar as i was really craving for one and i actually feel disgusted. Like the taste lingers in my mouth and its disgusting. Just 3 days of clean eating and i can't stand it anymore. I love this ice-cream too, i've had like 5 bars in the last 2 weeks. Think i'll be cheating a lot less from now on.

Comment

• my diet sucks also. Im trying to get bigger and add muscle so im eating everything in site.

Comment

• Double Unders raped my shins. ugh.
            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Some motivation for us all....

Comment

• I love olympic lifts. I work power cleans in with the 531 %s

call me crazy but I think a guy like Pyrros Dimas could hang with any NFL player when it comes to a 10 yard dash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I0xjPNGtLM

Comment

• I remember posting here a little more than one year ago because i benched 245 at 155 pounds. I'm 5'6 so it's not impressive as a taller person doing it but it was quite a mark.

Flash forward 1 year and 3 months later and i can barely bench 185 like 5 times now. Sigh. Accelerated nursing school is absolutely killing me. Can't do anything other than study and drink.
                  Peyton Manning Fanboy
                  Originally posted by Complex
                  They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
                    I remember posting here a little more than one year ago because i benched 245 at 155 pounds. I'm 5'6 so it's not impressive as a taller person doing it but it was quite a mark.

Flash forward 1 year and 3 months later and i can barely bench 185 like 5 times now. Sigh. Accelerated nursing school is absolutely killing me. Can't do anything other than study and drink.
                    Damn, that sucks dude. I always feel like such an ass when I neglect my training and get crushed the 1st day back.

Comment

• Im Jealous of Landrys traps. I always wanted a big yoke. I first started seeing development once I started power cleaning.

Comment

• Well im currently testing my 1 rep maxes after 3 cycles on 531 here are my results.

Bench Press- 170-185
                        Squat-265-285
                        deadlift-300-350
                        overhead press-115-?

This system works

Comment

• I plan on starting a cycle of creatine.
                          Anyone have any recommendations?
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                            I plan on starting a cycle of creatine.
                            Anyone have any recommendations?
                            Micronized creatine monohydrate.

Comment

• So, I'm experimenting with a pretty intense intermittent fasting eating program. I barely have time to eat at work anyway, so I said **** it. I have read a bunch of studies regarding the benefits of intermittent fasting and the science behind it seems legit. Basically I fast 20 hours and then am allowed to eat all of the clean food I can for 4 hours a day.....I'm taking Friday and Saturday off with Sunday being a full fast.

Basically:

Sunday - No Food
                              Monday-Thursday - Eating window of 8 PM-12 AM
                              Friday - Fast until 5 then cheat for the rest of the night
                              Saturday - All day cheat

I'll let you know how it goes.

In other news, I kinda lifted today. I say kinda because the heaviest dumbbell at my gym is 50 lbs.....I did high rep bench and OHP. I was weak.

Comment

• Seems crazy man. I'd just go with Leangains.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information