Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
    Seems crazy man. I'd just go with Leangains.
    Read some stuff about a 4 hour fast being ideal and it works best with my schedule anyway. I fully anticipate bailing within like 2 weeks, but whatever.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      Read some stuff about a 4 hour fast being ideal and it works best with my schedule anyway. I fully anticipate bailing within like 2 weeks, but whatever.
      Interesting. I'm going to give Leangains a shot in a few weeks when my scheduled gets ****** to all hell. Also, count me in as a Smolov/Smolov Jr fan. Finished SJR for bench Saturday..I'm not testing my 1RMs because I really don't care, but I'm benching heavy weight so much more smoothly now, feels awesome. Running the base cycle for Smolov Sqat now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
        Interesting. I'm going to give Leangains a shot in a few weeks when my scheduled gets ****** to all hell. Also, count me in as a Smolov/Smolov Jr fan. Finished SJR for bench Saturday..I'm not testing my 1RMs because I really don't care, but I'm benching heavy weight so much more smoothly now, feels awesome. Running the base cycle for Smolov Sqat now.
        Smolov is amazing. The squat program is hell though haha.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• I got a question...idk how accurate the cardio machines are but I know my target HR is 155-160 or so...is it bad if it spikes to around 185 and sometimes higher??

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
          Originally posted by TitanHope
          R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
          He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

• I seriously need one of those massage roller things. My legs are so freaking sore right now.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

• Sucks...my knee kills me every morning, ever since I started doing some serious running at the start of September. Worries me a bit. Feels fine when I loosen up, but ugh...feel old sometimes.

That said...I'm still killing it lately. Proud of myself. My sports induced asthma seems like a thing of the past.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
                I got a question...idk how accurate the cardio machines are but I know my target HR is 155-160 or so...is it bad if it spikes to around 185 and sometimes higher??
                Unless is constantly up there its not something to worry about. 155-160 is pretty normal for the most part during workout, but if you are sitting at that 185 range...would be when I'd worry. Sounds like you are only seeing it every so often?

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                  I seriously need one of those massage roller things. My legs are so freaking sore right now.
                  Just a warning, but if you start foam rolling, be prepared to shell out money every other month or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                    Unless is constantly up there its not something to worry about. 155-160 is pretty normal for the most part during workout, but if you are sitting at that 185 range...would be when I'd worry. Sounds like you are only seeing it every so often?
                    No...if the machine is spot in then I'm consistently around the 185 mark while doing cardio even though I guess I'm sposed to be around 160bpm.

Comment

• That's high intensity which has it's place but if that's not your goal... slow down on the treadmill then.
                      Your body just isn't used to that intensity yet. Work your way up to speed over time.
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Just getting the thread subscription.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                          Just a warning, but if you start foam rolling, be prepared to shell out money every other month or so.
                          Why shell out money every other month? I've had the same foam roller for months it still works grest

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                            Why is that?

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                              That's high intensity which has it's place but if that's not your goal... slow down on the treadmill then.
                              Your body just isn't used to that intensity yet. Work your way up to speed over time.
                              I have problems with that. I will be the first to tell you I can be a bum and lazy, but if I get the ball rolling I really do push myself and can over do it.

I just want to make sure I ain't busting no John Henry **** haha

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                                Why is that?
                                If you use it a lot it'll get soft and won't work all that well. When they are firm is when they are best. Just depends on how much you use it. If you use it everyday it'll go to **** pretty fast.

Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
                                I have problems with that. I will be the first to tell you I can be a bum and lazy, but if I get the ball rolling I really do push myself and can over do it.

I just want to make sure I ain't busting no John Henry **** haha
                                Yeah I would just slow down for a little while and see if you can maintain it a little bit better. You will be able to maintain it at higher speeds the more you run and what not. I know instincts say to just jump in and go full speed to get in shape and what not, but thats no bueno if you're sitting 185.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information