Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
    If you use it a lot it'll get soft and won't work all that well. When they are firm is when they are best. Just depends on how much you use it. If you use it everyday it'll go to **** pretty fast.
    Which is what happened to mine. I generally use TP Therapy for my knee issues, but they don't work on hams/hip/ass as well as a standard foam roller. Very difficult to hit the proper spot.

Comment

• I have lost just under 40 lbs since April. That is total body weight loss, I've lost more than that in fat but I have gotten bigger and stronger and the muscle weight offsets the fat loss. My method is pretty simple. I don't eat much processed food at all, I don't overeat unless I'm having a planned cheat meal, I avoid most carbs, don't drink soda, I generally don't eat after 7PM, and I exercise a lot. Weight loss is simple math for the most part until you get down to the final, difficult pounds. I would not bother with weight loss supplements, there is no quick and easy solution. Supposedly caffeine helps but it makes me feel terrible.

Comment

• Weight loss is, in theory, really ******* easy. People always ask me how to do it:

1. Do keto - No way, I cant give up carbs bc I'm a tool and the AHA says Lucky Charms are good for me.

2. Fine - start a ******* food log and track your calories. Get on the scale every couple day. Is the number going down? Good. Keep doing what you are doing. When the number stops going down, start eating less.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• One thing that helped me lose a lot of weight last year was eating mostly meat and vegetables. Good quality meat and vegetables. Not chicken nuggets and french fries. I remember hearing Ray Lewis tell someone in an interview that a big reason for his longevity was that he only ate fish and vegetables. It's almost impossible to completely eliminate carbs, but the carbs you get from vegetables are just better for, in simple terms. I find that you can eat all the meat and veggies you want. The challenge is beating the cravings for sugar, fried foods, starchy foods, etc.

Comment

• Competed in a rock climbing comp tonight, did pretty darn well (for me anyway), both my hands are destroyed but that was pretty freaking sweet.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

• Thanks for the input.
              My knees are shot almost completely. So finding good cardio is hard for me.

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                What do you guys recommend as a preworkout? I've just been drinking a whey protein shake before each workout.
                I tend to stick with the simple stuff & intra. Haven't kept up with the pre-workouts at all because all contain caffeine. The only non-caffeine ones I've used are Omega Sports Nutrition's Ultima and Dymatize Xpand.

Absolutely loved Ultima, even when it was in beta. No caffeine at all.

I've heard good things about Controlled Labs White Flood, Dymatize Xpand, Gaspari SuperPump, BSN NO-Xplode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                  Thanks for the input.
                  My knees are shot almost completely. So finding good cardio is hard for me.
                  Row machine? Bicycle?

Comment

• Row machine is godly. Do it.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

• Put up the 105 lbs DBs yesterday. Felt great.
                      Was a surprise since I struggled with 95's on my last heavy chest day.
                      It's coming back quicker than I thought.
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• My strength was sapped yesterday on chest/tri. Blamed the keto, ate 8 quarts of ice cream.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                          My strength was sapped yesterday on chest/tri. Blamed the keto, ate 8 quarts of ice cream.
                          Damn that is a cheat day.

Another complex this morning. Full workout was 750m row, 8 minute tabata of box jumps and toes-to-bar, and then a complex:

1 power clean
                          2 front squats
                          1 push jerk

15 sets, one per minute. Started with 125, upped to 145, then 165 for the last 4 sets. Should've started with 135 but it was still a solid complex.

Bench press and accessory stuff and then ab roller tonight.

Comment

• I don't know about you guys, but I hate when I fall to temptation to something I really shouldn't eat (donut, fast food, or something similar) and then I feel as guilty as if I had just murdered someone or cheated on my girlfriend.

And then, when you get to the gym, you feel groggy and can't put up as much or go as far as normal. I've really been working on self strength.
                            | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

• I don't feel terrible. I feel a little bad about it if i go too many days straight. Good food is something i enjoy.
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• I feel pretty cool right now. An old coworker worked with Dimitar Savatinov and his wife at some point and still is friends with them. Now, if you don't know Dimitar Savatinov.. he's one of the worlds strongest men and is working to become the worlds strongest man. Just Google him.

I've been talking to him now through my friend and Dimitar wife and he's going to get a Weight Program going for me. Gave him my goals and current diet and he's going to set something up for me.

Last edited by HawkeyeFan; 02-24-2014, 10:09 PM.
                                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information