Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So I checked webmd to see what's causing my knee pain, and the symptoms describe iliotibial band syndrome, which can be caused by squatting.

    Ruh oh.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      So I checked webmd to see what's causing my knee pain, and the symptoms describe iliotibial band syndrome, which can be caused by squatting.

      Ruh oh.
      Get on that foam roller. Use it on your IT Band...will hurt, but will help big time.

      Dealt with that horribly my last year playing ball.



      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
        Get on that foam roller. Use it on your IT Band...will hurt, but will help big time.

        Dealt with that horribly my last year playing ball.
        That's a good point, i haven't been foam rolling. I need to do that again.

        Did you wear any braces on your knee?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          That's a good point, i haven't been foam rolling. I need to do that again.

          Did you wear any braces on your knee?
          Nope I didn't, just made sure that I rolled twice a day...in the morning and after anything active. I messed with my knee big time until I got in a good habit of rolling.



          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

          Comment


          • I had IT band issues back when I was squatting a lot. Foam rolling helped but I eventually just stopped squatting heavy so often.

            Comment


            • I heavy squat twice a week. Is that excessive?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                I heavy squat twice a week. Is that excessive?
                Not at all. Especially considering you are a beginner.
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I heavy squat twice a week. Is that excessive?
                  How many days between? Like Monday/Thursday you should be good.
                  CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                  Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                  JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                  Comment


                  • Yeah I do Monday and Thursday. I give 2 days rest in btw.

                    Keep in mind, heavy squatting to me is like 190 lbs. I'm definitely a beginner.

                    I'm about 165 lbs so at least I'm squatting more than my body weight now.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Yeah I do Monday and Thursday. I give 2 days rest in btw.

                      Keep in mind, heavy squatting to me is like 190 lbs. I'm definitely a beginner.

                      I'm about 165 lbs so at least I'm squatting more than my body weight now.
                      you'll get to 1.5x your body weight pretty easily if you keep it up.

                      I was 155 when I was squatting 230, which was a few years back when I went to the gym with some regularity. Being in school and walking to the gym helped.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        I heavy squat twice a week. Is that excessive?
                        No. I was going heavy 3x a week for a prolonged period of time. For a while it was not too much, but eventually it was. I think that is a progression most people go through if they stick with a program long enough.

                        Comment


                        • Man. COC grippers are tough.
                          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                          Comment


                          • Our school actually got a new bench plus kettlebells and medicine balls.

                            Still only 75 lb dumbbells though.

                            Comment


                            • Foam rolling definitely helped. It hurt like hell but it helped.

                              I'm gonna foam roll the **** out of my hamstrings and thighs tonight when I get home. I put them through hell last night.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                Foam rolling definitely helped. It hurt like hell but it helped.

                                I'm gonna foam roll the **** out of my hamstrings and thighs tonight when I get home. I put them through hell last night.
                                inflamed IT band is commonly called runners knee. Ive gotten it a few times for doing excessive running in shoes with poor support.

                                here are some stretches, i used to do number two and it always felt pretty good, cant say for the others though.

                                http://www.knee-pain-explained.com/i...stretches.html
                                Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                                Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information