Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Foam rolling definitely helped. It hurt like hell but it helped.

I'm gonna foam roll the **** out of my hamstrings and thighs tonight when I get home. I put them through hell last night.
    If you have trouble getting enough pressure on your hamstrings you can try a lacrosse ball. Get all dat myofascial **** released bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
      If you have trouble getting enough pressure on your hamstrings you can try a lacrosse ball. Get all dat myofascial **** released bro.
      Yep, when I was on the road during baseball and didnt have a foam roller I would use a baseball.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• I have a metal rod that I can use if need be. I saw some guys at the combine using a metal rod on their hamstrings too, so there's that option if I can't foam roll the knots out.

Comment

• Actually a baseball would probably be perfect. You'll get way more pressure using a baseball or lacrosse ball.

Comment

• Yeah the metal rod might be hard to use on yourself.

Without context this is a funny thing to say.

Comment

• Maybe if I use some kind of lubrication it will slide back and forth with more ease?

Comment

• May need to ask a friend to help put the right angle and pressure on it.

Comment

• Yeah it'll definitely feel better if a friend does it for sure.

Comment

• anybody here ever done calisthenics seriously? one of my buddies and i have been getting into it lately and i love it.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• i will break the legs of the next person i find doing curls or shrugs or anything other than squats in the squat rack.

Comment

• There is plenty you can do with a squat rack. Curls, no. But squats aren't the only use.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• I should take pictures of everytime the squat rack isn't used for squats. I can understand maybe deadlifts or even military presses, but the other day I saw these guys using the squat rack to do pull ups when there are 3 open pull up bars to their right. I wanted to throw a 10 pound dumbbell at them as they were doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                            There is plenty you can do with a squat rack. Curls, no. But squats aren't the only use.
                            there are other places you can do all of those things that don't prevent me from doing the only thing you can't do without a squat rack. you're being a prick if you use it for anything other than squats.

Comment

• I'm so lucky to be the only one using it at my gym.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

• I started doing my deadlifts at the bench press area just taking the bar off of there and using it. I'd be lucky to get a squat in at my gym so I usually end up doing dumbbell squats because I hate waiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information