Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranch is good on salads and it ruins perfectly good pizza and wings. There is my fitness tip fat asses. ;)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Blue Cheese and Pizza and hot sauce

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        Circuit training I see. All ways a good way to loose weight.
        yeah, about that:

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• I strained (is that the same as pulling it?) my hammy doing sprints today... any good tips on a fast recovery, because any extended time off is really gonna hurt my regimen. My trainer told me to ice it a ton, but any other suggestions?

I don't think it's too severe, so can I still do my weight lifting (squats, cleans, etc?). ****, I didn't need this now.
          Last edited by Smokey Joe; 06-22-2009, 09:37 PM.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
            yeah, about that:
            She's hot...

and that workout looks like it really sucks. I hated some of the circuit workouts we did for football last year.

Comment

• If it doesnt hurt you should be able to keep lifting. Once it hurts tho, better to stop and let it heal completely. In terms of actually healing it, ice is always good. Heat can help as well.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                yeah, about that:
                what about it? Its basically mixing cardio and weight lifting. Its one of the many options to lose weight(fat) without loosing to much muscle mass.

Also as you saw it helps with endurance.

Comment

what about it? Its basically mixing cardio and weight lifting. Its one of the many options to lose weight(fat) without loosing to much muscle mass.

Also as you saw it helps with endurance.
                  I was just pointing out how god damn hard they are and thats the craziest one I've ever seen. 20 minutes is rough but one hour?

^A Bonekrusher production^
                  Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                    If it doesnt hurt you should be able to keep lifting. Once it hurts tho, better to stop and let it heal completely. In terms of actually healing it, ice is always good. Heat can help as well.
                    I can walk and jog fine (hurts but not that much). I tried doing another sprint after I first hurt it, but that was a no go.

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                      Is that Jeff Garcia?

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                        I can walk and jog fine (hurts but not that much). I tried doing another sprint after I first hurt it, but that was a no go.
                        I would just lightly jog some then. It is some good active recovery. Dont push it too hard, but just moping around is no good either.

Comment

• I'll probably put on some fake icy hot or something tomorrow. There should be some in the trainers office.

Right now I am contemplating whether or not I should make an ice bath in my bath tub or just ice my hammy.

Comment

• ice baths are effective, but they absolutely suck.

Not quite as bad as contrast showers, but still horrendous none the less.

Comment

I love the people that will order everything on the menu that is fating, and then add oh I would like a extra large diet coke.

Come on really diet coke...you think thats gonna help you cut out all those other calories of fat you are about to eat.
                              They could have diabetes. My girlfriend has diabetes and will order a diet coke because the regular kind will raise her blood sugar.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                                They could have diabetes. My girlfriend has diabetes and will order a diet coke because the regular kind will raise her blood sugar.
                                If you have diabetics you shouldn't be eating fatty, high cholesterol, or salty foods. They're arguably worse for a diabetic in the long run. Diet pop isn't good for diabetics to drink either, they should stick to agua.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information