Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    I cannot get my dead lift form down. I'm just so damn lanky that it's hard for me not to arch my back... Any tips?
    I hear that man. Being 6'0 and deadlifting is very awkward.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
      I hear that man. Being 6'0 and deadlifting is very awkward.
      really, the best dlers are always tall guys with long arms.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        really, the best dlers are always tall guys with long arms.
        Well I've only been lifting on a routine for a month and a week so maybe it's just weird for me. Also, do you take a protein shake before AND after your workout or just after? And what other supplements have you had success with?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
          Well I've only been lifting on a routine for a month and a week so maybe it's just weird for me. Also, do you take a protein shake before AND after your workout or just after? And what other supplements have you had success with?
          I lift in the morning about an hour after breakfast so I have either a protein shake or egg whites in me before my workout. Its not critical tho. After is critical, take some protein and about triple the grams of protein in carbs.

          As far as other supps, a good multi and fish oil are must haves, creatine and zma are also pretty unanimously well reviewed.
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

          Comment


          • So im posting this in this thread cause i figured you guys may know about injuries
            i was running very fast in my house cause im a gangster, had only socks on and slipped on some tile, when i fell i fell agianst the wall and hit my back really hard and now my left shoulder hurts when i use it or put pressure on it like doing a pushup
            any idea what i did/how to fix it?

            Comment


            • time and ice. Alternate ice/heat if you want. If it still hurts a lot after a week or so see a doctor because it may be serious.

              If you are in intense pain now, see a dr. asap.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NBA View Post
                So im posting this in this thread cause i figured you guys may know about injuries
                i was running very fast in my house cause im a gangster, had only socks on and slipped on some tile, when i fell i fell agianst the wall and hit my back really hard and now my left shoulder hurts when i use it or put pressure on it like doing a pushup
                any idea what i did/how to fix it?
                I did that, is your collar bone swelled up. I got a lidocaine shot in it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                  really, the best dlers are always tall guys with long arms.
                  Try having a torso and legs that are too long for your own good. It makes Olympic lifts hard.

                  What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

                  2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NBA View Post
                    So im posting this in this thread cause i figured you guys may know about injuries
                    i was running very fast in my house cause im a gangster, had only socks on and slipped on some tile, when i fell i fell agianst the wall and hit my back really hard and now my left shoulder hurts when i use it or put pressure on it like doing a pushup
                    any idea what i did/how to fix it?
                    1. Stop running in your house; you aint gangster.
                    2 RICE
                    Rest - don't exert any undue pressure
                    Ice - ice for 20 off for 40 (don't do heat just yet - ice only - wait 48 for heat, then make sure it is a wet heat)
                    Circulation - rotate your shoulder slowly to keep the blood moving around the area of the joint - I'm assuming where the humerus meets the clavicle
                    Elevation - shouldn't be a problem with your back and shoulder, but what ever you do, do not relax in a declined position)




                    2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

                    Comment


                    • Damn you CJ, I was about to post that same middle school health class lesson.

                      Comment


                      • Dude, I had a college professor (in human physiology) try to slip that by us. What was sad,was there were a few people who didn't get it.




                        2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

                        Comment


                        • Eating:

                          http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=stein/090701

                          What Pro-Riders go through. a 9000 Calorie day.

                          On race days i think i eat 6000. AWESOME, these guys are eating machines.
                          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

                          United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                            Eating:

                            http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=stein/090701

                            What Pro-Riders go through. a 9000 Calorie day.

                            On race days i think i eat 6000. AWESOME, these guys are eating machines.
                            My friends who ride are almost constantly eating, most of the time it is small stuff, but it is crazy. And I doubt they are anywhere near the 9,000 or even 6,000 calorie area. I can't imagine what that'd be like.
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                            Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                              Eating:

                              http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=stein/090701

                              What Pro-Riders go through. a 9000 Calorie day.

                              On race days i think i eat 6000. AWESOME, these guys are eating machines.
                              I have a ***** of a time eating 3500. Though if I get my day started earlier it wouldn't be as bad. I start at 10:30, and eat last thing at like 9:30.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                                I have a ***** of a time eating 3500. Though if I get my day started earlier it wouldn't be as bad. I start at 10:30, and eat last thing at like 9:30.
                                Really? I eat nearly 4000 every day no prob.

                                What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                                they get smoked.

                                2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                                Hint:Not the Bears.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information