Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to weigh myself tomorrow. Tuesday I did legs and repped 240, did 4 of 270, and maxed at 305 for leg press. I'm feeling it. Today was abs and cardio. Did a lot of good ab exercises. Tomorrow is back and bi's, one of my favorite days. I actually enjoy going to the gym now as opposed to when I started. The only day I dread is Monday, Tri's and Chest. But I do look forward to going to the gym after work every other day.

Comment

• what do you guys use to recover from leg workouts? because it seems like everytime i do some lower body workouts, i'm sore for a ******* week.

RIP ST

Comment

• Originally posted by Shahin View Post
        what do you guys use to recover from leg workouts? because it seems like everytime i do some lower body workouts, i'm sore for a ******* week.
        You cant break first of all.......your body will adapt eventually so just keep going back. Other than that......make sure to eat and sleep, those are the 2 biggies. Stuff like creatine and Vinegar/Lemon Juice PWO help as well. You can also do any type of ice/heat regimen. I find cotrast showers work very well, but they suck royally.

But seriously, if you sleep and eat enough you should be alright.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• I have lost 8 lbs so far btw

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
            You cant break first of all.......your body will adapt eventually so just keep going back. Other than that......make sure to eat and sleep, those are the 2 biggies. Stuff like creatine and Vinegar/Lemon Juice PWO help as well. You can also do any type of ice/heat regimen. I find cotrast showers work very well, but they suck royally.

But seriously, if you sleep and eat enough you should be alright.
            As long as my body adapts i'm cool. I hadn't squatted in monthes, so right now my quads are killin me!

RIP ST

Comment

• Originally posted by Shahin View Post
              As long as my body adapts i'm cool. I hadn't squatted in monthes, so right now my quads are killin me!
              Yeah there is no way around that haha. If you havent been squatting and start again, its going to hurt for a while regardless.

Comment

• Speaking of squats.....I was just screwing around the other day with some front squats (which I hadnt done in a while) and I was having a lot of trouble finding the "sweet spot" where the bar feels nice and sturdy.....anyone have any tips?

Comment

• feels good man

on december 18th, 2008
                  i was 267lbs

today i weighed in at 199.2lbs

Comment

Speaking of squats.....I was just screwing around the other day with some front squats (which I hadnt done in a while) and I was having a lot of trouble finding the "sweet spot" where the bar feels nice and sturdy.....anyone have any tips?
                    I think I'm one of the few that I've seen that actually holds the bar in my hands when I do front squats. I sit the bar right at the bottom of my hand and kind of false grip it. If you do it wrong with a lot of weight it really hurts your wrists but I rarely ever have that problem. Most I have seen just rest the bar on their shoulders but I never really felt comfortable doing it that way for whatever reason.

Did a pretty difficult circuit today for how out of shape I am:
                    3 sets X 10 reps each
                    DB Lunges
                    Box Jumps(box was a little bit higher than my waistline)
                    Military Press
                    Standing Forward Press(don't know what to call this?)
                    Bench Press
                    Crunches

I did all the presses with a 45lb(which I'm prolly gonna step up to a 100lber next time) plate emphasizing explosion/quickness. I'm absolutely beat right now and I did this circuit after I had done my 3 main lifts for the day which were Bench/Squat/Romanian Dead lift. Probably gonna go take an ice bath shortly.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Speaking of squats.....I was just screwing around the other day with some front squats (which I hadnt done in a while) and I was having a lot of trouble finding the "sweet spot" where the bar feels nice and sturdy.....anyone have any tips?
                      I have the same problem. I've always found front squats to be uncomfortable, not in the squat itself but in holding the bar in place.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                        I have the same problem. I've always found front squats to be uncomfortable, not in the squat itself but in holding the bar in place.
                        see, thats the dilemma for me. I think the actual squat itself is WAY more comfortable with front squats......the descent on back squats always feel awkward for me. But, then I am having trouble finding my groove with decent weight on front squats because the weight never feels firmly in place like it does on my traps.

Comment

• What are some good back exercises? I'm trying to find some for both upper and lower back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            What are some good back exercises? I'm trying to find some for both upper and lower back.
                            deadlift, standing bent over rows. Those are the only 2 that target both together. Bunch of other ones, but those are separate.

Comment

• I'm at 172. Still have a month and a half to put on 8 healthy pounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                                I'm at 172. Still have a month and a half to put on 8 healthy pounds.
                                I'm at 150. I got about same amount of time to put on 10 to 15 lbs. I think this 5x5 will help me do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information