Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm envious of your skinny guys.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

• what do you think would be the best exercise for developing explosive power in your legs? also what would be a good plyometric work out for your lower body? I need to increase my explosivness by a ton for college next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        what do you think would be the best exercise for developing explosive power in your legs?
        sprints out of track blocks with a parachute

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Grab 20 Pound Dumbells. Start with them like you would for dead lift with them next to your feet to the side, stand up with weights like you would for dead lift, go down, drop the weights immediately and jump as high as you can, land, squat down pick them up, and repeat.
          do like 3 sets of 10.

so tough to explain, but you feel these.
          CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
          JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• thanks for the help everyone

so you do the dead lift motion then drop the weights then squat and jump?

Comment

• Squat jumps with a medicine ball and box jumps, also with the medicine ball, are pretty baller as well.

Comment

• I hate bulking...most people love it, cause they get to eat a whole lot. But eating when you're not hungry can suck.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Just be careful w/ those deadlifts...they're a fantastic excericise but, do them wrong and you can mess up your back bad. I know several body builder types that wont even do them.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    I hate bulking...most people love it, cause they get to eat a whole lot. But eating when you're not hungry can suck.
                    I cant wait.....going to begin a bulk cycle when I hit 175 (I think anyway, we'll see how I look there). BTW, only have .6 more pounds to go for 10.
                    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Looks like Rob S. is going to win this unless someone else has already accomplished their goal. Trying to gain 10 pounds is a lot harder to do than I thought with the physical shape I was in before I started this summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                        Looks like Rob S. is going to win this unless someone else has already accomplished their goal. Trying to gain 10 pounds is a lot harder to do than I thought with the physical shape I was in before I started this summer.
                        I told you its tough to put on like 1-2 lbs. per week haha. IF you gained 10 over the entire summer while keeping similar body fat I would be impressed.

Comment

I hate bulking...most people love it, cause they get to eat a whole lot. But eating when you're not hungry can suck.
                          I love bulking up. Began my junior year at about 220, Began my senior year at about 250, and now I'm up to about 270 and the strongest, fastest, quickest, and most explosive I have ever been.

No doubt I'm fat, but not sickening fat. Plus, I'm well built in the legs, arms, shoulder and back areas.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Just curious as to what calorie count you shoot for when bulking?

I still want to do it very clean (only time for carbs outside of fruit is PWO and only stuff like brown rice, yams, whole wheat pasta, etc.). I am thinking anywhere from 3000-3500 is good seeing as I am a very easy gainer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                              what do you think would be the best exercise for developing explosive power in your legs? also what would be a good plyometric work out for your lower body? I need to increase my explosivness by a ton for college next year.
                              Hang cleans and power cleans are great.

As for a plyo, frog jumps and power jumps also are very good.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                                Hang cleans and power cleans are great.

As for a plyo, frog jumps and power jumps also are very good.
                                I was just going to say get a large box and do box jumps. As it gets easier, add in a weighted vest. Parachute sprints are money too as Brent said. And cleans too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information