Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
    thanks for the help everyone

so you do the dead lift motion then drop the weights then squat and jump?
    when you drop the weights you'll be in the squat position. You keep the weights until you are down in the squat position, let the weights go, and jump as high as you can. then squat down and repeat. Its tough to explain.
    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Anyone use a heavy bag or other boxing techniques for training? I'm thinking about buying a heavy bag to use pretty soon. I trained with Rich Franklins boxing instructor a few times when I was in the best shape of my life and that stuff really kicked my ass.

^A Bonekrusher production^
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
        Anyone use a heavy bag or other boxing techniques for training? I'm thinking about buying a heavy bag to use pretty soon. I trained with Rich Franklins boxing instructor a few times when I was in the best shape of my life and that stuff really kicked my ass.
        Yeah I always do boxing style stuff. Heavy Bag, Jump Rope, etc. are big parts of my cardio.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• I made a protein shake today, it was delicious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawk View Post
            I made a protein shake today, it was delicious.
            I am so sick of my shakes........I think I am going to switch over to Muscle Milk when I start my bulking cycle because it is effin delicious.

Comment

• I need to make a good protein shake/weight gainer anyone got any ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                I need to make a good protein shake/weight gainer anyone got any ideas.
                This:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/un...thread-430362/

Anything the guy named MadMick posted is gold......guy is a nutrition genius. I think he is a doctor or something.

This one sounds freaking awesome if you are bulking hardcore:

Fudgeboy [Weight Gain] (Madmick)
                12 oz. Whole Milk
                Ice (as desired)
                2 Scoops Muscle Milk*
                2 large Eggs
                2 tbsp Peanut Butter
                1 tbsp Udo's Choice Oil Blend (or Flax Oil)
                1 tbsp Greens+
                1 tbsp Psyllium Husk Powder
                5g Creatine Monohydrate or 2g CEE
                *Recommended Flavors: Chocolate, Chocolate Milk, Chocolate Banana Crisp, Chocolate Caramel Pecan Crunch, Peanut Chocolate, Rocky Road
                Calories: 1100 / Carbs: 38g / Protein: 60g / Fat: 65g

Chocolate MM + Peanut Butter + Whole Milk = Epic Win
                Last edited by Rob S; 07-15-2009, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• How I love/hate sherdog. It seems like the only place where you can get a intelligent discussion is at the strength/power sub forum and the dieting one

Comment

How I love/hate sherdog. It seems like the only place where you can get a intelligent discussion is at the strength/power sub forum and the dieting one
                    Those are the only places I go. D&S and S&P are amazing tho. So many smart guys, lots of brilliant posters. The FAQs are gold as well.

Comment

• I agree I just surf there so I dont have to check various other sites for articles, I know some white belt will post the article 10 seconds after it comes out.

Now back to working out

for plyometric box jumps how should I do them? should I just do a ton until I stop or should I do like a X amount of sets w/ a X amount of reps?

Comment

I agree I just surf there so I dont have to check various other sites for articles, I know some white belt will post the article 10 seconds after it comes out.

Now back to working out

for plyometric box jumps how should I do them? should I just do a ton until I stop or should I do like a X amount of sets w/ a X amount of reps?
                        When I did them, I'd do 5 sets of 20-25. They tire you the **** out.

Comment

I agree I just surf there so I dont have to check various other sites for articles, I know some white belt will post the article 10 seconds after it comes out.

Now back to working out

I dont know your cardio level, but I would think maybe 5 sets of 15-20 should be good. Make sure the box is decently high tho. Funny story actually: I saw some jackass doing weighted box jumps on one of those aerobic step up things, it wasnt for cardio either because he was doing sets of like 10. Granted he had a booster or something, but it was 1.5 feet at the absolute highest. I just laughed, dont want to waste my time telling him what he is doing is useless.

Also had someone tell me I am squatting too low and that I am going to hurt my knees. I get that a lot. I just correct them and proceed to blow away their quarter squats with my ATG style.
                          Last edited by Rob S; 07-15-2009, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• thank you I will do that when I do legs tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                              I dont know your cardio level, but I would think maybe 5 sets of 15-20 should be good. Make sure the box is decently high tho. Funny story actually: I saw some jackass doing weighted box jumps on one of those aerobic step up things, it wasnt for cardio either because he was doing sets of like 10. Granted he had a booster or something, but it was 1.5 feet at the absolute highest. I just laughed, dont want to waste my time telling him what he is doing is useless.

Also had someone tell me I am squatting too low and that I am going to hurt my knees. I get that a lot. I just correct them and proceed to blow away their quarter squats with my ATG style.
                              I get that a lot too, especially with my wieght, but as long as you got the right form, you're set...
                              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Its actually safer on the knees to go past parallel than it is to go parallel.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information