Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
    Its actually safer on the knees to go past parallel than it is to go parallel.
    Exactly, when you stop parallel, you have the most outward pressure on your knees, when you go past (or stop before, but thats weak, lol) the pressure is more vertical and going through your legs...
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
      Exactly, when you stop parallel, you have the most outward pressure on your knees, when you go past (or stop before, but thats weak, lol) the pressure is more vertical and going through your legs...
      I see this happen way too much. People load up the weight than they don't even go near parallel. It pains me to see. And when you tell these people they need to go lower, they just claim they went low enough so they can be satisfied with their lift. I guess it just comes back to the whole thing where you need to learn to do the lift properly before you start stacking on the weight.

Comment

• I always stop above parralell it is a hard habit for me to break. I got real stiff hamstrings and knee tendonitis. So I usually stay away from squats. At the gym I go to there is this machine where you are laying back at a angle and then you squat I do that all the time.

Comment

• eh......you gotta squat. Just do it. Stretch, lower the weights, do whatever you need to to perform actual squats that at the very least hit parallel. Unless a doctor advises against it it is pretty much a necessity.

Actually, I have an idea for you: try front squats. They are generally easier to hit depth on.
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
            I always stop above parralell it is a hard habit for me to break. I got real stiff hamstrings and knee tendonitis. So I usually stay away from squats. At the gym I go to there is this machine where you are laying back at a angle and then you squat I do that all the time.
            That is a seated leg press, it is completely different

Comment

eh......you gotta squat. Just do it. Stretch, lower the weights, do whatever you need to to perform actual squats that at the very least hit parallel. Unless a doctor advises against it it is pretty much a necessity.

Actually, I have an idea for you: try front squats. They are generally easier to hit depth on.
              Stretching is what I would've recommended if you didn't. I used to think that I didn't need to stretch. I don't need to really, but if I want to do as well as I can, as well as recover from muscle soreness faster, I need to stretch. I stretch every time I work out before and after. My buddy laughs and thinks you look stupid, but he looks stupid walking around for three days all sore, barely walking or not able to touch his shoulders...

Comment

• I run for about 10-15 minutes and then stretch for like 10 minutes before I even think about lifting.

Comment

• I'm going to sign up for some yoga classes

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                    I'm going to sign up for some yoga classes
                    I did yoga with my students back when I was teaching Tae Kwon Do classes. Its pretty useful if you do it right and take it seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                      That is a seated leg press, it is completely different
                      no it is a squat variation. It isnt like this

I will try to find a picture of it

It is a hack squat machine

Comment

• I've been using SuperPump 250 and it has enabled me to blow through my workouts without being dead tired allowing me to do some extra abs or cardio. Just one thing, you will destroy that bathroom when you get back from the gym. You don't feel your stomach hurting until your done your workout, well that's for me anyway.

Comment

• I had a nice cheat day today. It was pretty sweet. I ate healthy like all day, but I felt it coming on. It started when I got back from deadlift day at the gym and had a few pretzels, figured it wouldnt hurt. I now have a stomach ache from copious amounts of pasta, yodells, cookie dough ice cream, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                            no it is a squat variation. It isnt like this

I will try to find a picture of it

It is a hack squat machine

I still wouldnt replace squats with it. There is no stabilization of the weight on machines, thats the issue. It also lock you into a specific ROM and is more likely to cause injuries.

Comment

• ok thanks I will just stick to regular squats.

Comment

Yeah I always do boxing style stuff. Heavy Bag, Jump Rope, etc. are big parts of my cardio.
                                Anything I should do on the heavy bag to start out? I'm not really in good shape right now n I don't want to over do it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information