Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
    Sounds good. I like the idea of the walk/jog/spring thing.

I don't even know what burpees and squat thrust are. Ploymetrics is a foreign word as well.

Gonna start it tonight though.
    goggle is your friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
      Sounds good. I like the idea of the walk/jog/spring thing.

I don't even know what burpees and squat thrust are. Ploymetrics is a foreign word as well.

Gonna start it tonight though.
      Also to vary your cardio start playing pick up games for whatever you like, basketball, tennis, soccer, football whatever. All is true about interval training. Also I wouldn't really care all too much about sit ups if you are trying to lose weight. It doesn't help all that much with weight loss and the tedious ab work will probably just make you want to quit exercising. Also try some different low impact cardio choices, recumbent bike or elliptical if you have access to it, or swimming. You should really get a gym membership. Since you are focusing on losing weight you can sign up at one of those cheapo fitness clubs or even like a YMCA club. Nothing to be ashamed about when you are dealing with your health. Not everyone has to go to Gold's Gym and others like.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• I wouldn't waste your energy and time on sit ups at this point. Cardio is key here. Interval training is the way to go. Try to eat a really clean diet too. Diet is often times neglected when it's equally as important.

Comment

• What are good diet foods, I lost 35 pounds in last semester, kept it off over the summer, and want to start again, but I cant keep eating this bland ass food.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

• Originally posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
            What are good diet foods, I lost 35 pounds in last semester, kept it off over the summer, and want to start again, but I cant keep eating this bland ass food.
            any lean meats, all veggies. If you cook your meat correctly and season it well, it wont be bland. Also, if you are just maintaining, you can throw in fruit and healthy grains like oats, brown rice, etc.
            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• So... with Summer coming up I've decided I want to get shredded.

Spent last night after work planning out a meal plan as that is my major problem in the mission, basically I love eating and hate cooking so I end up eating crap that is easy to cook. Not great if you are trying to tone up.

Anyway... I'm posting this as much to keep myself honest and try and keep to it. Aiming to be a shredded 205-220. Whoop Whoop!

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                So... with Summer coming up I've decided I want to get shredded.

Spent last night after work planning out a meal plan as that is my major problem in the mission, basically I love eating and hate cooking so I end up eating crap that is easy to cook. Not great if you are trying to tone up.

Anyway... I'm posting this as much to keep myself honest and try and keep to it. Aiming to be a shredded 205-220. Whoop Whoop!

I think ur a little late there buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                  I think ur a little late there buddy.
                  He's in Austrailia buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post

BURRRNNNN.. BURRNNNNNN

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      AAAaaahh, well then ur very early.

Comment

• So, when I began the weigh-loss race last Monday, I weighed in at 241. Today, I weighed myself and I am 229. For those that are skeptical, it has been the same scale AND I put on about 30 lbs in about 3 months. So I knew it would be easy for me to lose.

I have been doing MOST of what you guys suggested. Been interval running around a track and also doing stadiums. There isn't a really big stadium anywhere near where I live but it works.

I've also made some homemade weights. No idea how much they weigh but I have felt the burn so I figure heavy enough. I've taken 5 gallon buckets and put water in them as hand weights and also taken a big cooler and put water in it.

I'm pretty proud of myself. Been eating healthier. Waking up and getting 3 good meals and snacks. Like yogurt, nuts, and fruit.

Motivation is, aside from the obvious winning the competition, is I'm gonna be a dad pretty soon and I want to be able to keep up with my son once he gets to the active stage. It seems to be working. I've got 27 more lbs to lose and my opponent has 20. But it's a girl and she started out only needing to lose 23 and I started out needing to lose 39.

Thanks to all that helped.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• ahah she is gonna loose, she only lost 3 pounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                            So... with Summer coming up I've decided I want to get shredded.

What is your height and weight now? Things like this take time so don't get discouraged if you don't see immediate results. Getting to a point where you look like a completely new person in terms of overall physique is about 9 months if you work really hard at it.

Learn to like cooking because weight training is second to diet. You can work your ass off at the gym but if you don't eat properly then you won't be shredded if you're really serious about it.

Comment

• anyone train w/ kettlebells? My college wrestling team started using them today, it is real interesting and you are able to do a lot of wrestling specific workouts with them. Does anyone else use them?

Comment

• I had to run 2 miles yesterday while fireman's carrying someone. I don't think I've ever been more exhausted in my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information