Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What wheat bread are you eating? The stuff I eat is like 50.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
      Strained back muscle = :( .
      You've got to stop eating all those donuts DG! That extra weight is not going to do your back any good.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
        Off topic, winter is usually a time for bulking then you cut in the spring and bulk throughout the summer again. That way you're the leanest when summer comes around.

20-30g of fat is not enough. You should be taking in atleast 50 or even more during a cut. As long as they remain mostly healthy fats and you're working out as hard as you should be. Make sure you get atleast your daily EFA's. Avocados, fish oil, flax oil, etc,.
        well, last december i was 270lbs
        and at one point during the summer i was down to 195
        i let myself go for almost two months, and was back to 212...

decided i still wasnt happy enough as far as Bf%(still had too much bodyfat) to start up a bulk for this winter...

so im gonna cut to about 170, by that time, it should be around december-jan
        ill maintain that for a few months. When summer comes around, ill cut a little.
        and NEXT winter im gonna do a real bulk.

ive never actually done the whole bulk/cut thing. I just used to be a fatass, but was strong, so i began losing weight, and im gonna eventually start doing the bulk/cut system

Comment

• I stay away from carbs, but I take in quite a bit of fat. Fats and Proteins should be what your meals consist of except post WO imo.
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• eat pancakes for every meal if you are a real man

Comment

• I've really let myself go these past two weeks with eating badly...I've probably gained like 5-8 pounds, legit.

I've lived off of little debbies and fast food here and there...quite the nutritional supply.

I should probably go to the gym tomorrow, lol.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• I need to get to 215 I'm down at around 195 I need to gain muscle mass any tips or such ?

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

• Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
                  I need to get to 215 I'm down at around 195 I need to gain muscle mass any tips or such ?
                  Eat more calories than you burn. Work hard in the gym.

You wanna eat around 6 meals a day. For a bulk, someone your size should follow something like this:

Each Day You Should Take In 390 Grams Of Protein. This means you are taking in 1560 Calories from Protein.

Each Day You Should Take In 195 Grams Of Carbs. This means you are taking in 780 Calories from Carbs.

Each Day You Should Take In 65 Grams Of Fat. This means you are taking in 585 Calories from Fat.

Each Day You Should Take In 2925 Calories.

Each Of Your Six Meals Per Day Should Provide 65 Grams Of Protein.

Each Of Your Six Meals Per Day Should Provide 33 Grams Of Carbs.

Each Of Your Six Meals Per Day Should Provide 11 Grams Of Fat.

Each Of Your Six Meals Per Day Should Provide 488 Calories.

Just to break it down a bit. You'd have to plan your meals ahead but you dont have to be exact to the decimal.

Comment

• I would eat even more than that......shoot for like 4000-5000. Drink about half a gallon of whole milk a day in addition to TJ;s eating plan and thats about whre you want to be. You will put on some fat, but you will certainly pack on muscle as well. If you want to do it ultra clean, you can change it up, but if weight gain is your main goal, just eat man.
                    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Eat more KK woot!

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

• Up to 156 pounds :)

I was a fat kid up until a couple years ago, then I just relentlessly dieted(lost 60 pounds). I got down to an unhealthy weight at one point(135 and I'm 6'2) so every gain is nice. Still feel like a little girl for weighing that much though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Just started swimming before and after my workouts. Feels awesome.

Comment

• **** creatine and all those weight gain supplements. They are a waste of money and they don't work. Best way to gain more weight is to eat more. I went from 163 to 180 doing that (im 5'9") in about a month. Now i lost some and im around 175. My goal is to reach 190. What is your workout routine guys?

Here is mine:

Monday-- Shoulders

Tuesday-- Abs and Back

Wednesday-- Biceps

Thursday-- Chest and Triceps... my favorite day

Friday-- Legs

Weekends-- I try to rest, but i can't help not going for a workout.

Lately i've been slacking.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                            02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                            02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                            02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                            Originally posted by fenikz
                            we all hate you

Comment

• Sunday - OFF
                              Monday - Chest/Biceps/Calves
                              Tuesday - Legs/Abs
                              Wednesday -OFF
                              Thursday - Back/Calves
                              Friday - OFF
                              Saturday - Shoulders/Triceps/Abs

I could go more in depth about which exercises and rep amounts I do if someone is interested but that generally the layout.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                                I could go more in depth about which exercises and rep amounts I do if someone is interested but that generally the layout.
                                please do, i'm always trying to see other people's workouts. that way i can maybe add something or modify my own.

RIP ST

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information