Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I probably won't be lifting for the next few weeks to a month, at least not upper body anyway, because of an accident I had at work. Cut up my thumb and index finger pretty good on my right hand. Any exersizes I can do for my upper body that doesn't involve gripping/ or any pressure on my hands? I'd imagine there aren't many...
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• just take off EATW.....I saw the cuts, pretty nasty. I guess you can do some machine work like lateral raises, but i would just chill for a while.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        just take off EATW.....I saw the cuts, pretty nasty. I guess you can do some machine work like lateral raises, but i would just chill for a while.
        lol, ok. I'm just looking for anything that wouldn't pop stitches right now, but I haven't really done much since it happened last Wednesday. I wasn't planning on going crazy anyway, and to be honest, am not planning on going back to my normal routine until I know for certain everything is healed. (At least a week or two after I get the stitches out.)

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
          I probably won't be lifting for the next few weeks to a month, at least not upper body anyway, because of an accident I had at work. Cut up my thumb and index finger pretty good on my right hand. Any exersizes I can do for my upper body that doesn't involve gripping/ or any pressure on my hands? I'd imagine there aren't many...
          Lateral raises, Chest fly, maybe a biceps/triceps machine that doesn't involve gripping - never seen one myself but it's possible.

All machines of course.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
            Lateral raises, Chest fly, maybe a biceps/triceps machine that doesn't involve gripping - never seen one myself but it's possible.

All machines of course.
            Actually my gym has a triceps machine that you don't have to grip, it more of a wide bar. I did it today just using my palms. I also did the fly machine as well as a few other upper body machines. It must have been funny for everyone else watching me try to figure out if (and how) I could do the machines. I went light though anyway, just because I was being safe...

Comment

• I'm contemplating whether or not I want to start training for an Iron Man in Lexington, KY next year...a guy I work with has done a couple and he says they are phenomenal, you just have to have some serious commitment.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• that is run a marathon, bike 100 miles and swim for 2.5 right?

Comment

• I think I would do just about anything to workout with this girl...I swear, about anything.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• I bought Force Factor a few weeks ago and its probably the best supplements I've ever took. I've took black powder, and most of the BSN products (NO explode and nitrics and so on). Force factor just seems to make me never tired after i lift. From what people say its natural and perfectly healthy and no sodium :D

Comment

• My school just opened a brand new fitness facility today. It's nice not having to use free weights that are older than my dad, or wait 15 minutes to use a chest fly machine.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Ran the 40 today

Transfering next fall to play football at a d3 school
                        right now
                        Height: 5'11
                        Weight: 190lbs
                        Bench: 270
                        Squat: 390
                        Cleans: 225
                        40: 4.94
                        Shuttle: running next week

Comment

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                          Ran the 40 today

Transfering next fall to play football at a d3 school
                          right now
                          Height: 5'11
                          Weight: 190lbs
                          Bench: 270
                          Squat: 390
                          Cleans: 225
                          40: 4.94
                          Shuttle: running next week
                          You have white boy speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                            You have white boy speed.
                            this is true... But i used to be 270lbs and running a 5.76

lost 78lbs and now running a 4.94

ive got 9 months to get stronger and faster

Comment

what are you going to try and play? position wise?

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

I did this to gear up for baseball, way back when. It focuses on sudden, quick movement. If you have the money, this program works really well.
                                http://www.athleticrepublic.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information