Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
    quick question,

what do you guys eat after a late workout...

I'm trying to get some new ideas, I'm getting tired of rice and fruit.
    anyone....

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• well for me I try to eat a meal replacement bar thing or some sort of power bar. What are your goals?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        well for me I try to eat a meal replacement bar thing or some sort of power bar. What are your goals?
        Yea, I'll mix in one of those every now and then. I'm just trying to not go to bed hungry without overeating at 9 at night when I usually go to bed around 10 or 11.

Comment

• Well I'm trying to cut my weight down from 185 to 170 since starting school and im at 178 right now and what i usually eat is mainly lean meats, vegetables, fruits, and healthy carbs (brown rice and etc).

If your trying to bulk up my friend just eat things with high calories like meats and try to not eat junk food.

I usually just eat a power bar and have a glass of muscle milk after a workout
          Last edited by MiWolves; 12-31-2009, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• yogurt is about the most perfect food there is. a 6 oz cup of yogurt right after a workout does wonders

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Best way to cut, if you don't want to worry about over eating since you get hungry is drink a like 2 large cups of water before you eat.

Comment

• Anyone have any goals for the new year......by 2011, my main goal is to put 225 over my head.
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                  Anyone have any goals for the new year......by 2011, my main goal is to put 225 over my head.
                  - Get down to 230 by my 23rd birthday (July 30th)
                  - Rep 225 15 times or more on the bench by year's end
                  - Be <10% BF by year's end.

I've got a LONG way to go, but the time's going to come whether or not I get in shape, so I better get in shape. I can't keep living the way I've been living, or I'll be dead by 35.

Comment

• If I finally get to go to college and play football I will go for 400 bench by 2011

Comment

• hiya folks.

i'm about 5'10, 155, skinny frame but with a jelly belly and girl arms. i really wanna get in shape and take advantage of the gym at my school second semester but know very little about working out. i'm planning on hitting the gym maybe 3-4 times a week. should i do cardio or weights more and should my diet be protein intensive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                        Anyone have any goals for the new year......by 2011, my main goal is to put 225 over my head.
                        Run 750 miles by the end of the year
                        I like to be more cut than big, so I really don't have any weight goals in terms of muscle mass.
                        I'm already in pretty good shape, I've been active all my life.

Also, Rob S, you might know something about this. I'm wanting to enroll in a boxing class by summer. The only thing that is setting me back is expenses (seeing as how I have to pay for the rest of my tuition this quarter and next quarter).

Comment

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                          Run 750 miles by the end of the year
                          I like to be more cut than big, so I really don't have any weight goals in terms of muscle mass.
                          I'm already in pretty good shape, I've been active all my life.

Also, Rob S, you might know something about this. I'm wanting to enroll in a boxing class by summer. The only thing that is setting me back is expenses (seeing as how I have to pay for the rest of my tuition this quarter and next quarter).
                          hmmm....I am leaving for Egypt in like 5 hours and I would need a bit more info to give a great answer, but I will try. First off, dont take a boxing class at any commercial gym, its going to blow and be more cardio than anything else. Just say no. Also avoid any big name places if finances are your concern (ie: Tiger Schulmans). I would check out PAL (police activity league), thats where I trained and its dirt cheap and, in general, very good instructions. PAL kids win the golden gloves pretty frequently. If PAL is a no go, check around for boxing gyms and visit them. You dont need anything fancy, talk to the trainers and see who you feel most comfortable with. If you find one you like, ask about pricing and if its within your range go for it......if not tell them what your range is, some places can be accommodating (and in many cases, trainers work out of different gyms with different prices). If they are still out of your range, just keep looking. When you talk to the right trainer for you, you will probably feel a connection right away. Just look around the gym and ask your self if you think that these guys can inspire you to do the hardest workout of your life over and over again 3-6 times a week.
                          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• to increase my overall strength in my lower body should I do just roatations of low reps? or should I mix in higher reps as well?

Comment

• just made a great tasting meal

Mahi Fish, brocoli, corn, natty PB

totals:
                              Calories--360
                              Fat--7.8g
                              Carbs--19.6g
                              Protein--49g

Comment

• Dennis The Divine, huh?? What is in the tablespoon??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information