Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
    You should invest in a foam roller if you haven't already.
    I want one real bad.

Comment

• invest in an asian woman. They give good massages. Great post workout

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
      Originally posted by fenikz
      we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
        You should invest in a foam roller if you haven't already.
        they have those at the gym i go to, works wonders.

Comment

• they really that good? I never tried it, but it always looked useless.

we all hate you

Comment

• down to 188lbs...

feels good, because december 2008, i was 270lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
              down to 188lbs...

feels good, because december 2008, i was 270lbs.
              Up to 181.6. Last week I was 178.8. I'm trying to go the opposite way to 190 then cut down to 180 before summer.

Comment

• I'm starting my third week of creatine use. My gains have been pretty good. Leg press is up 45 pounds. Squat up 20. Bench up 20.

I have to weigh myself tomorrow morning to see how I'm progressing. I feel heavier and I've been asked if I'm gaining weight by a couple friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                  I'm starting my third week of creatine use. My gains have been pretty good. Leg press is up 45 pounds. Squat up 20. Bench up 20.

I have to weigh myself tomorrow morning to see how I'm progressing. I feel heavier and I've been asked if I'm gaining weight by a couple friends.
                  In 3 weeks with just creatine? Those are really awesome gains, bench especially. What is your bench at now? I ask because generally gains are real slow once you hit like 2 plates unless your pounding food or just have a beastly natural ability.
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Up to 168 pounds. I was absolutely floored when I saw the scale. I knew I had gained weight because my bench went up to 170 last week, but I didn't know I had gained that much. This drink a **** ton of milk thing is absolutely crazy. Especially proud considering at the end of summer I weighed 145ish(with a tendency to be less than that even). Pretty sure most of it is lean.

tjsunstein, what kind of creatine are you on? I've played with it before, but damn, those are good results.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I remember I was 98 pounds in 7th grade.

9th- 130
                      10th- 145
                      11th- 160
                      12th- 175

Now- 180

:D

we all hate you

Comment

• How much daily cardio should I do to drop a large amount of weight? I'm trying to work out six days per week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                          How much daily cardio should I do to drop a large amount of weight? I'm trying to work out six days per week.
                          Six days a week is a lot, even if you are extremely determined to lose a lot of weight. I would aim for 4 days a week. Less fatigue.

In my opinion, it's best to start out slow, especially if you haven't done a consistent regime of cardio in a while.

Start out running 15-20 minutes on the treadmill, maybe mix in some elliptical work. Then, gradually increase the time on the treadmill while declining the time on the elliptical.

Then, stick to whatever time on the treadmill you feel comfortable with.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• I usually run around a track for like 30 minutes and do ellipticals for 20 minutes 4 days a week. I went from 210 to 195 in 3 weeks doing this.

Comment

• I've been looking to get stronger recently, so I looked into buying some supplements. I decided to go with a casein protein. I usually drink it before I go to bed on a lifting day.

I dont know what to expect though. Hopefully good results.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                                How much daily cardio should I do to drop a large amount of weight? I'm trying to work out six days per week.
                                Start with diet. Monitor it closely and set a strict caloric restriction: maybe 2500 on workout days, 2000 non-workout days, get mostly lean protein and healthy fats with some carbs after working out. I would try and do cardio 4 days a week. The key is to keep doing it tho, so make sure you pick something you like, even switch it up if you want with a rotation, much like a lifting program. Keep it new and fresh and do as much as you can in a day......once you are too tired to continue, do a cool down and cut it....the endurance will come, you dont need to kill yourself in the early stages, it will make you want to stop. The weight comes off so easy in the beginning anyway, you probably wouldnt need cardio as long as you get your diet squared away. Its still a good idea to do it, but just get that diet squared away ;) And remember, losing weight is as simple a concept as it gets.....if calories out > calories in, you lose weight.
                                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information