Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    Up to 168 pounds. I was absolutely floored when I saw the scale. I knew I had gained weight because my bench went up to 170 last week, but I didn't know I had gained that much. This drink a **** ton of milk thing is absolutely crazy. Especially proud considering at the end of summer I weighed 145ish(with a tendency to be less than that even). Pretty sure most of it is lean.

    tjsunstein, what kind of creatine are you on? I've played with it before, but damn, those are good results.
    good work man.......told you the milk was where its out, glad its getting you results.....and yeah, TJ's gains are nuts......20 lbs on bench in 2 weeks for someone who has been lifting just doesnt happen unless something other than creatine is involved. I'm betting you always had it in you, TJ, and the creatine gave you the mental punch you needed to move the bar.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
      I remember I was 98 pounds in 7th grade.

      9th- 130
      10th- 145
      11th- 160
      12th- 175

      Now- 180

      :D
      damn

      9th- 224
      10th- 238
      11th- 260
      12th- 270

      Now-- 187

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        In 3 weeks with just creatine? Those are really awesome gains, bench especially. What is your bench at now? I ask because generally gains are real slow once you hit like 2 plates unless your pounding food or just have a beastly natural ability.
        185 max. now. I am bulking, too, so that helps. I'm weighing myself tomorrow to get my weight but I assume it's up to 185. I've been putting in more effort more too as before I was just going to the gym just to go. Now I have goals that I want to reach so motivation is definitely up.

        GNC Creatine Monohydrate. I didn't do the load phase where you take 20g for a week. I'm been taking 5g before an after working out.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          How much daily cardio should I do to drop a large amount of weight? I'm trying to work out six days per week.
          Eat less, be more active. I'd say 45 minutes a day doing HIIT would do the trick.

          Originally posted by Rob S View Post
          good work man.......told you the milk was where its out, glad its getting you results.....and yeah, TJ's gains are nuts......20 lbs on bench in 2 weeks for someone who has been lifting just doesnt happen unless something other than creatine is involved. I'm betting you always had it in you, TJ, and the creatine gave you the mental punch you needed to move the bar.
          Basically, it was new supplement motivation. People tend to work extra hard when starting new supplement because they are pretty excited to get those supps to work but that and new goals have been my motivation. Just so you know, you don't need supps to get good gains. Consistency and motivation is all you need. I've never really been consistent and not always motivated.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
            Eat less, be more active. I'd say 45 minutes a day doing HIIT would do the trick.
            What's the best HIIT? 200 meters? 300? Jump rope?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
              I just took a contrast shower
              I had an idea what it was but I googles it to make sure... Watch this guy at the end of his contrast shower. haha


              What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

              2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                What's the best HIIT? 200 meters? 300? Jump rope?
                Dont do HIIT now, it will likely be too tough and you wont stick with it. Take it easy until you are actually fairly fit from a cardio standpoint. I wouldnt even screw around with HIIT until you can run at least 2.5 miles at a decent pace and feel pretty good after.
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  What's the best HIIT? 200 meters? 300? Jump rope?
                  30 Seconds Brisk Walk, 30 Seconds Sprint for about 8 minutes total would be efficient on top of training.

                  If you're looking for strictly cardio, that's where I got my 45 min. estimate from. You can do longer intervals with sprinting and brisk walking.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                    I had an idea what it was but I googles it to make sure... Watch this guy at the end of his contrast shower. haha

                    That was pretty ridiculous haha......he clearly went too cold, and it seemed like he was doing the contrast shower on is balls.......
                    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                      That was pretty ridiculous haha......he clearly went too cold, and it seemed like he was doing the contrast shower on is balls.......
                      Maybe he was sore there... wait, what?

                      So I weighed myself today, 185.2 pounds.

                      Start of Week 1: 178.8
                      Start of Week 2: 181.6
                      Start of Week 3: 185.2

                      This cut is going to suck. I have 8 more planned weeks of bulking. I wanted to stop when I got to 190 but I think I'm gonna have to go until 195.

                      Comment


                      • If you hate cardio, doing lifting complexes is a very effective way to burn calories and get more time in the weightroom. Put a couple exercises together you can do with a weight you can handle for your worst exercise. If done intensely it will put you on your knees grasping for air.
                        Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

                        Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          Maybe he was sore there... wait, what?

                          So I weighed myself today, 185.2 pounds.

                          Start of Week 1: 178.8
                          Start of Week 2: 181.6
                          Start of Week 3: 185.2

                          This cut is going to suck. I have 8 more planned weeks of bulking. I wanted to stop when I got to 190 but I think I'm gonna have to go until 195.
                          Most of the weight that you've put on is fat.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                            Maybe he was sore there... wait, what?

                            So I weighed myself today, 185.2 pounds.

                            Start of Week 1: 178.8
                            Start of Week 2: 181.6
                            Start of Week 3: 185.2

                            This cut is going to suck. I have 8 more planned weeks of bulking. I wanted to stop when I got to 190 but I think I'm gonna have to go until 195.
                            I have heard you gain a lot of weight w/ creatine when you start out, but that weight is mostly water weight. and are you going to cut weight while taking creatine?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by wordofi View Post
                              Most of the weight that you've put on is fat.
                              Most is fat and water but it's the little solid mass that makes it worth it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                                I have heard you gain a lot of weight w/ creatine when you start out, but that weight is mostly water weight. and are you going to cut weight while taking creatine?
                                I haven't decided yet.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information