Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if u do dont take creatine while you are cutting. 3 college wrestlers died by doing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
      if u do dont take creatine while you are cutting. 3 college wrestlers died by doing that.
      Which one was it? do or don't?

And I assume that they weren't getting a sufficient amount of water.

Comment

• yea they were trying to sweat out the weight and while taking creatine they passed away.

Comment

yea they were trying to sweat out the weight and while taking creatine they passed away.
          That's awful. It's really a shame.

A simple misuse of a supplement could lead to such bad things. A lot of body builders have cut on creatine and have been hospitalized with dehydration. I drink a gallon, if not more, of water a day to be safe but it's not just because I take creatine. Because I'm so active as well and water does the body good. The benefits are really underestimated.

Comment

• yea i mean be careful if you do cut.

changing the subject does anyone do bulgarian split squats? I am going to start doing them I think they would be great for wrestling.

Comment

yea i mean be careful if you do cut.

changing the subject does anyone do bulgarian split squats? I am going to start doing them I think they would be great for wrestling.
              I don't wrestle or train specifically for any sport so I do the boring weight lifting. After my cut, though, I wanna get some more exicting stuff involved. Bulgarian split squats will kick your ass if you do them right.

Comment

• yea it looks like the first time you do it it would hurt the next morning. but it just seems perfect working on your balance and as you lower your level and you explode off of one leg like real wrestling. I am trying to shake my work outs up instead of the traditional squat, dead lift, leg press etc. etc. etc.

Comment

yea it looks like the first time you do it it would hurt the next morning. but it just seems perfect working on your balance and as you lower your level and you explode off of one leg like real wrestling. I am trying to shake my work outs up instead of the traditional squat, dead lift, leg press etc. etc. etc.
                  I'm going to make one of these.

Comment

• yea those things are good. I think those types of exercises(i believe they are called ballistic training) are great for sports because you can go threw your complete range of motion. at my college we do a lot of kettle bell workouts for wrestling they work great

Comment

yea those things are good. I think those types of exercises(i believe they are called ballistic training) are great for sports because you can go threw your complete range of motion. at my college we do a lot of kettle bell workouts for wrestling they work great
                      I've never worked with a kettle ball. I don't know where they would fit into my workout right now but once I get off of this cut, I'm doing Bulgarian bag training and kettle ball workouts definitely. Enough with the broing stuff.

Comment

• Kettle balls are the shizznit.

I need some new lifts for quads. Any suggestions?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                          Kettle balls are the shizznit.

I need some new lifts for quads. Any suggestions?
                          Bulgarian Split Squats, haha.

Comment

• Unless you gym has kettleballs, dont buy them...they cost too much for what they actually deliver in results.
                            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Earlier on people were referring to contrast showers and I've never done them but I've always heard from some people that they are good for recovery after a workout and improving circulation. Is it ******** or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                                Unless you gym has kettleballs, dont buy them...they cost too much for what they actually deliver in results.
                                completely disagree

all u need is a 50lb KB and yur set

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information