Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've bulked up pretty good but now I'm having trouble getting cut. Suggestions?
    When I used to lift while on deployment (In the Navy) it was easy 'cause it was easily over 100 degrees everywhere u were on the ship.
    U litterly melted off all the fat. Dehydration was the only concern.
    Now in upstate new york... it was 22 degrees today... it's not as easy.
    I let myself go during my wife's pregnancy and have been lifting steadily now for 6 months.
    Not where I was before but there's definite progress though so I'm pretty happy.

Anywho... routines? supplements? nutrition? Let me know
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      I actually did hit 2 plates. Damn, my calculation skills are off I guess haha. Yeah, it felt really god damned awesome. Considering I couldn't even do one on each side last April, I'm pretty damned proud of myself.

I'm 6'2, and I'm able to play a pretty mean power forward and as a boxer I usually had reach on most of the guys my height, so it's safe to say I probably have fairly long ass arms. The thing that really holds me back sometimes though is that I have a **** ass wrist. I've broken both of my wrists, my left one three times. Gets sore all the damn time, even with wrist supports.
      I have a HUGE wrist problem as well. I went to two doctors who really haven't done ****. I can't bend it, which makes a lot of exercises impossible. I got too lazy lately trying to do anything about it.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
      Originally posted by fenikz
      we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
        I have a HUGE wrist problem as well. I went to two doctors who really haven't done ****. I can't bend it, which makes a lot of exercises impossible. I got too lazy lately trying to do anything about it.
        There's not much I've really been able to do besides straps and trying to get as much of a range of motion with it as I can. Mine is fully healed, just weak as hell. It pops all the god damned time. That sucks about the doctors though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
          I'm not too keen on supplements, but I have a friend who went from being really weak and never seen the gym to extremely cut with a 6 pack in a relatively short period of time.

1 part is definitely genetics.

anyways pretty much what he did at the gym was dips, dips, dips. LOL

I also seen him do crunches, pull ups, push ups, and a lot of DIPS. So he basically didn't need the gym. He never ran and I'm not sure on what he ate. He did a lot of "natural" exercises, when he would use dumbbells, he would do less weight and more reps. Good luck.

we all hate you

Comment

There's not much I've really been able to do besides straps and trying to get as much of a range of motion with it as I can. Mine is fully healed, just weak as hell. It pops all the god damned time. That sucks about the doctors though.
            Luckily i have full strength with my wrist, but the problem is that I have to keep it straight. If it moves any direction, I'm in pain. Been like this for almost 2 years now.

I do take pain very well tho, and I've learn to live with it.

also hurts pretty bad when I punch someone, haha.

we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
              I miss benching 3 plates. :(
              3 five point plates? :)

Comment

I've bulked up pretty good but now I'm having trouble getting cut. Suggestions?
                When I used to lift while on deployment (In the Navy) it was easy 'cause it was easily over 100 degrees everywhere u were on the ship.
                U litterly melted off all the fat. Dehydration was the only concern.
                Now in upstate new york... it was 22 degrees today... it's not as easy.
                I let myself go during my wife's pregnancy and have been lifting steadily now for 6 months.
                Not where I was before but there's definite progress though so I'm pretty happy.

Cardio as well as lifting will help. I dont care for just running on the treadmill so I stick to playing basketball or racquetball at the gym.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                  3 five point plates? :)
                  come on man, they also have 2.5 plates.

we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post

Same issue with me. The Docs haven't done **** either.
                    I can't use the bar anymore for bench- I use dumbells now only.
                    Those don't hurt at all for me since I don't have to bend my wrist.
                    I also use straps (Actually I use hooks) whenever possible.

As far as getting cut- It does sound like your friend is straight genetics.
                    I have a friend like that as well. It urks the hell out of me lol
                    Anyways- maybe I'm being impatient 'cause I run 2 miles after every other workout
                    So I cardio- I just miss the 100 degree temperature that shred me up easily lol
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Same issue with me. The Docs haven't done **** either.
                      I can't use the bar anymore for bench- I use dumbells now only.
                      Those don't hurt at all for me since I don't have to bend my wrist.
                      I also use straps (Actually I use hooks) whenever possible.

As far as getting cut- It does sound like your friend is straight genetics.
                      I have a friend like that as well. It urks the hell out of me lol
                      Anyways- maybe I'm being impatient 'cause I run 2 miles after every other workout
                      So I cardio- I just miss the 100 degree temperature that shred me up easily lol
                      Well I live in atlanta and it's get really hot and humid here so i guess it was a lot easier for him to cut.

I do bench but with pain. I try to keep it straight and I extend my elbows a little more then usual, relives stress on my wrist because i have to bend it less.

It gets especially difficult to lock out the lift.

edit: can't do power cleans at all.
                      Last edited by Bosanac01; 02-13-2010, 01:07 AM.

we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                        I love seeing weak people in the gym trying to get stronger and doing useful exercises. I hate seeing weak people work hard on a terrible routine and get no results.

A 400 lb. deadlift is not easy.......not with correct form anyway.
                        I agree with you. For every chubby, old guy at the gym working to get fit, there's at least ten more people sitting at home complaining about how they look and feel. One thing I also love seeing are arrogant people at the gym doing isolation exercises with a low range of motion and large amounts of weight. Pride is a beautiful thing.

Comment

• I have decent genetics for getting big, but I'm fairly convinced it's literally impossible for me to get abs. Really low muscle tone. Don't have any at all. Have a bit of a belly no matter what I do, and as I mentioned before, I've cut down to REALLY low weights(135 at one point) Kiiinda sucks.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I have decent genetics for getting big, but I'm fairly convinced it's literally impossible for me to get abs. Really low muscle tone. Don't have any at all. Have a bit of a belly no matter what I do, and as I mentioned before, I've cut down to REALLY low weights(135 at one point) Kiiinda sucks.
                            I''m about the opposite. Real cut but my metabolism is so high its tough for me to bulk.

Is that Jesus giving the umpire safe sign in you sig?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                              I love seeing weak people in the gym trying to get stronger and doing useful exercises. I hate seeing weak people work hard on a terrible routine and get no results.

A 400 lb. deadlift is not easy.......not with correct form anyway.
                              The thing that bothers me most is when I see people at the gym everyday doing the same damn thing. That's not going to help you out at all. Doing the lat pull down and other cable machines like that isn't going to get you in shape. Also when people don't do any cardio or stretch ever, there's a difference between being strong/cut up and being in shape.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                                The thing that bothers me most is when I see people at the gym everyday doing the same damn thing. That's not going to help you out at all. Doing the lat pull down and other cable machines like that isn't going to get you in shape. Also when people don't do any cardio or stretch ever, there's a difference between being strong/cut up and being in shape.
                                I squat twice a week and I happen to see kids I know there those days and they always tell me how they only see me doing squats and nothing else. I tell them that they don't come to the gym often enough, then. Boom,roasted.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information