Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strict chalk you say...buy liquid chalk. Same thing, no mess.

Comment

• I've been taking cell tech and now looking for something different. im 188 right now looking to get to 200 before i go to summer workouts for college next year.

Comment

• Doing dead lifts without gloves ******* sucks. Especially if the bar is ****** up and spikey.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
        Originally posted by fenikz
        we all hate you

Comment

• I cant grip a bar with gloves. Gloves suck imo. They only hinder my lifts.
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• How can I get a six pack? I've been working out seriously again since the start of the fall. Took a month off because my gym membership ran out and have been back to working out for over a month. I've been doing abs hard for about two weeks now. Obviously I don't expect to see results now, but what can I do to help get a six pack? And how long should I wait to expect to see results?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
              How can I get a six pack? I've been working out seriously again since the start of the fall. Took a month off because my gym membership ran out and have been back to working out for over a month. I've been doing abs hard for about two weeks now. Obviously I don't expect to see results now, but what can I do to help get a six pack? And how long should I wait to expect to see results?
              Its all diet man.....ab exercises and all that help to build abs, but your not going to see them unless you get insanely lean. To see abs your probably going to have to be between 8-10 percent body fat. Getting there is going to take an insane diet and cardio program unless your just a naturally ripped guy.

Comment

• you need to stop drinking beer.

we all hate you

Comment

• I only drink on select occasions.

What are some good proteins and weight gainers?

Comment

I only drink on select occasions.

adding weight and trying to get lean are tough to do at the same time. do tons of cardio, and stretching actually helps some with definition too if you do it right because over time it will lengthen your muscles.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                      Its all diet man.....ab exercises and all that help to build abs, but your not going to see them unless you get insanely lean. To see abs your probably going to have to be between 8-10 percent body fat. Getting there is going to take an insane diet and cardio program unless your just a naturally ripped guy.
                      I got some nice definition at about 11% bf. But you're right, getting there is hard as ****. I was doing cardio 5 times a week and only eating about 30 grams of carbs per day. I felt like **** all day and my strength really took a hit. It is really hard to find that balance, for me it seems to be that I'm either big with some fat or lean with not a lot of size.

Comment

• While I was on deployment out in the Gulf I worked out 5 days a week
                        After every workout I did a 20 min ab routine and did some cardio maybe once or twice a week .
                        After 6 months I had a nice six pack- but it was consistantly over 100 degrees on the ship though
                        So maybe steam rooms might be helpful- shed off all that water weight
                        Make sure you hydrate though!
                        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                          Yep. I do specifically abs only once a week and I've got a 6 pack. You hit your abs up with the other lifts because abs are there to essentially stabilize your spine from what I understand.

Then again, I'm naturally a real lean guy. Gaining weight is my issue, not definition.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Depends on your company preference, taste, money availability and what you want (eg whey protein concentrate/blend vs whey protein isolate).

Comment

• Yeah, abs are huge for compound lifts. I rarely train abs directly.

Comment

• last time i measured my body fat I was at 11.6%.

I'm like 5'8-9

180. Looking to get at around 200.

we all hate you

Comment

Working...
                                X