Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    So no one works out in silence, right? What's on the playlist for your workouts?
    For me, its lots of RATM, and pretty much anything else thats fast paced or you could put a highlight reel of NFL hits too.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      oh, and **** you sarf, have you ever set foot inside a gym? or do you just come in here to be an insufferable **** and offer nothing but lame insults to a thread?
      as a matter of fact, yes. do you, really?

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
        So no one works out in silence, right? What's on the playlist for your workouts?
        Well i just got the arm band thingy, and since I listen to mostly country, that is what I mostly listen to. But high energy country so it keeps me pumped up. I mix in some of my rock that I have, but for the most part I stick to what i like to listen to the most.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
          as a matter of fact, yes. do you, really?
          Well here's an idea...I know it sounds crazy, and way out of left field...but if you really do go to the gym, how about, instead of coming in and just insulting people, you actually CONTRIBUTE TO THE THREAD?!?! ?!?! ZOMGZ?!?!?!?! Maybe post your workout routine for others? Give some advice? The same things the other people are doing? Instead of insisting on being a useless poster who follows others into threads in a vain attempt to insult them, ******* POST SOMETHING OF VALUE YOU DUMB ****!

And yes.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

With my ineptitude of posting pics, I will give the description of my thighs for you CJ...

If you watch scrubs this will be funny...

Imagine Bob Kelso's calves in terms of defintion, but over double the muscle...

Comment

anybody have any goals for the summer. We could get some races going if people want to stay motivated. Personally I want to drop to 170 from 195 while losing no strength.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                anybody have any goals for the summer. We could get some races going if people want to stay motivated. Personally I want to drop to 170 from 195 while losing no strength.
                My goal is to simply make my stomach look good enough so I can go to the beach ( or anywhere, for that matter) without a shirt on without totally revolting women. So far, I am about half way there...

Comment

My goal for the summer is probably put on a decent amount of muscle, like 10-15 pounds and start trimming after that. I might not be completely done when school starts back up, but I'll start HIIT once I have reached my first goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                    I was at 16.8% body fat when I started and 172 pounds. Now I'm at 170 pounds without doing my body fat recently. I'm 6'0 so my BMI is perfect for my height. I'm trying to cut down to about 9% body fat in 3 months. It's not gonna be easy but its definitely do able. I want to get up to about 185 while doing so but I'm not going to take any weight gainers or supplements besides a multi vitamin, fish oil, and protein. I think I'll get to 9% body fat around Mid September and whatever weight I am then will dictate what I have to do to add mass.

Comment

• so i have a bet that i can get 18 reps of 225 on bench by next spring. most ive done is 11. Is there anything specifically i should do to work on the endurance, or should i just focus on improving overall strength?

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                        I was at 16.8% body fat when I started and 172 pounds. Now I'm at 170 pounds without doing my body fat recently. I'm 6'0 so my BMI is perfect for my height. I'm trying to cut down to about 9% body fat in 3 months. It's not gonna be easy but its definitely do able. I want to get up to about 185 while doing so but I'm not going to take any weight gainers or supplements besides a multi vitamin, fish oil, and protein. I think I'll get to 9% body fat around Mid September and whatever weight I am then will dictate what I have to do to add mass.
                        IMO the BMI index is a load of BS. Even when I was at my biggest, I was always borderline overweight/average. But just looking at me you could tell I was overweight. But my friends who were jacked would be considered obese on it. Makes no sense how a short-heavy guy like me would be considered almost average, but normal height/musculear healthy people are considered "unhealthy by BMI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                          I want to get down to around 200 again. That is really my only goal. Only thing I am worried about is 90% of people guess I weigh around 180 lbs right now and I weigh 223. I'm going to look like a rail post if I go any lower than 200.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
                            so i have a bet that i can get 18 reps of 225 on bench by next spring. most ive done is 11. Is there anything specifically i should do to work on the endurance, or should i just focus on improving overall strength?
                            Lots of push ups if you don't do them already.

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                              I want to get down to around 200 again. That is really my only goal. Only thing I am worried about is 90% of people guess I weigh around 180 lbs right now and I weigh 223. I'm going to look like a rail post if I go any lower than 200.
                              How tall are you? Because I'm 5'8 and 210, and people think I'm 200, but for someone to be off about you wiegh by that much, you seem like you'd be tall.

Edit: Either that or its a woman, because any woman sucks at guessing things, lol.

Comment

• 6'2-6'3ish. So not awesomely tall but taller than most. It all hides in my gut. Ridiculous.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information