Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
    Monster Milk has 50 grams of protein. That's insane.
    You won't even absorb all the protein in Monster Milk.

Comment

• Monster Milk is like a meal replacement shake and I'm not a big fan. A lot of fat and not enough whey. I'd rather make my own shake from scratch.

Comment

• Just use 2 scoops of regular muscle milk if you feel you need more protein, 30-40 grams is plenty for most people tho even after deads or squats.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Muscle Milk=Meal Replacement, or in your case, an extra meal. Eat regularly and use muscle milk if you need extra calories + protein, but can't stomach more food. Useless post workout. Really, it's not all that different from regular milk, which might be both more practical and affordable. Not a big fan of protein bars/meal replacement powders. Whey is a must have, but those are really more of a convenience thing. They'll work, but it's better to get in the habit of eating more and getting your slow absorbing protein that way, in my opinion. There's people in this thread who are far more experienced than I am though.

Had a really tough workout today. Didn't eat enough last week and I'm really starting to feel the effects. Might be down some weight.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• This is what I'm taking now:

Comment

This is what I'm taking now:

Same, but I have cookies and cream.

Comment

• How is that? I use vanilla. Not too bad tasting.

Comment

• I like Chocolate with skim milk...doing a mini cut. Used to taste better with 2% milk, this just taste like water and chocolate, when i used to mix it with water.

Comment

How is that? I use vanilla. Not too bad tasting.
                    Satisfies my sweet tooth.

Comment

• I've been taking protein for years and I still struggle to get it down. haha. I dont care what anyone says, it tastes like ****. And when I'm running low on cash and have to go real cheap, it's freaking hell.

I also hate brown rice, greek yogurt, and cottage cheese but still eat all that junk anyway. bleh.

Funny enough, though. I've been on a break for a couple of weeks...so, i've just been eating whatever. It's all good, though my body fat is insanely low at the moment and it's been maintaining that way. Zero motivation to diet right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Trying to cut sodium out of my diet in a last ditch effort to shed a bit of water weight I never seem to be able to lose. Very, very, very hard. Like, not even a matter of making sacrifices hard, just hard to do. ******* everything has boatloads of it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Brown Rice is awesome, some broccoli and sauce soy and hot sauce.

Greek Yogurt awesome again 0 fat, and some great flavors like honey, and peaches.

Cottage cheese is disgusting, I tried that one and almost threw up. Its so lumpy and blah that i can't take down.

Comment

• I don't know what kind of brotein you're taking MOTH, but mine is delicious. I look forward to drinking it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• I do enjoy my EAS Shake. Doesn't have **** on Optimum Nutrition from what I hear though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                                I don't know what kind of brotein you're taking MOTH, but mine is delicious. I look forward to drinking it.
                                I hate all of them. Maybe it's because, I know what I'm drinking and no amount of artificial flavoring can get that thought out of my head.

And right now I've got a couple of brands but most recently, I've just been taking the GNC Pro Performance (chocolate). Protein is protein, especially for me. Since damn near everything works for me, cheap crap or not. But I dont like the taste of any of the ones I've taken.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information