Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNC is horrible that **** is disgusting. If everything works just start drinking more milk. Bulking 2% or whole, cutting skim or 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
      GNC is horrible that **** is disgusting. If everything works just start drinking more milk. Bulking 2% or whole, cutting skim or 1.
      I dont even drink them with milk. At least I havent been, I'm pretty happy with the weight I'm at now and it's not like I need to bulk for football anymore. I'm just maintaining. I cant recall me ever being this lean, though. Not in a long ass time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Not all GNC is horrible and disgusting. They have a lot of good tasting ****, and not all work for all people. But you can stumble along something that you can benefit from.

PS- It tastes much better with milk. Kinda like a milk shake.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
        Originally posted by fenikz
        we all hate you

Comment

• Can't wait to start cutting. April 18th starts my cut. Until then, I bulk.

I haven't been lifting long enough to try every supplement out there as far as protein but myofusion and syntha 6 seem to have a good rep. Only protein I've ever had and needed was ON 100% Whey. Anyone take BCAAs?

Comment

• What's with the excessive bulking and cutting?

we all hate you

Comment

• lol. I know it tastes better with milk, I still don't like it, personally. I've been lifting for a good 8-9 years, I know all there is to know. I just hate the taste.

As for excessive cutting and bulking...lots of guys do it. For many, it's just boredom. It's fun to see how far you can take your body. Seeing the changes can be addicting, as odd as that sounds. I used to take it a lot more seriously than I do now. I'll get into it heavy, every so often. Some of you may recall me posting in here a lot a few months ago. Bulked back up to my high school football weight + a few pounds and then cut forever it seemed and now, I'm leaner than ever. At the moment, I could care less about the proper diet...until I start to see something I dont like in the mirror and then I'll be at again, I'm sure. But really, it's all pretty pointless since I'm not playing sports anymore or in track. So, I just dont go at it like I used to. And I think that's for the best, for me at least.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 02-22-2010, 11:41 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                I hate all of them. Maybe it's because, I know what I'm drinking and no amount of artificial flavoring can get that thought out of my head.

And right now I've got a couple of brands but most recently, I've just been taking the GNC Pro Performance (chocolate). Protein is protein, especially for me. Since damn near everything works for me, cheap crap or not. But I dont like the taste of any of the ones I've taken.
                Try complete 40 . It's expensive, but I don't buy that someone cannot like it. With milk it tastes like a regular shake.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• I don't like the GNC weight gainer either. I was just commenting for people who are using it. As for myself, I used it before, but it's just not for me. I don't need to bulk or anything.

I just love working out and getting stronger and I have had great results without using any supplements. Not saying they don't work, because some people do get good results, not all people though.

Oh and moth, i've seen a pic of you. Your arms look jacked.

we all hate you

Comment

• Speaking of great results...my buddy who went off to play D3 football was like 160, and always on the small side when he went to school and now he's a good 210. It sickens me. lol. Went from CB to S to LB rather quickly. He looks like Brady freakin Quinn. HA!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                      Try complete 40 . It's expensive, but I don't buy that someone cannot like it. With milk it tastes like a regular shake.
                      Yeah I know of it, (Opt health) havent ever tried it, though. I'll have to get it sometime.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• i had a cousin who was 6'5 but only like 185 pounds. He joined the military (in bosnia you have no choice, lol). Right after high school you must go to the army. After 2 years he is at 230 and buffed as hell.

we all hate you

Comment

• Today I lifted for the first time since 2006. Last July I went and just maxed benched and got 305, this time I did behind head dumbell pullups and some light weight on bench and arm machine. This is the most sore I can ever remember, and it feels like my right arm is stretched like a rubber band. Thats bad right?

Comment

• I hate when people go to the gym and don't stretch prior to lifting. Hell, some don't even warm up. High school kids just walk in and go straight to the bench and start putting plates on and get under it, never finish sets, and then stand around.

Makes me so mad. I know, I know, it shouldn't matter what other people are doing in the gym but things you notice when you're either a) doing cardio or b) waiting to use equipment.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                              I hate when people go to the gym and don't stretch prior to lifting. Hell, some don't even warm up. High school kids just walk in and go straight to the bench and start putting plates on and get under it, never finish sets, and then stand around.

Makes me so mad. I know, I know, it shouldn't matter what other people are doing in the gym but things you notice when you're either a) doing cardio or b) waiting to use equipment.
                              I hate this too. High School Kids in the gym piss me off a lot. Most of them...just...ugh. That's not to say they're all idiots, but a lot of them are.

Oh, I'm looking to buy more pre workout today. Have a final verdict on Jack3d? How's the entire "pump" thing? Energy good?

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                I hate this too. High School Kids in the gym piss me off a lot. Most of them...just...ugh. That's not to say they're all idiots, but a lot of them are.

Oh, I'm looking to buy more pre workout today. Have a final verdict on Jack3d? How's the entire "pump" thing? Energy good?
                                I definitely would recommend Jack3d. I haven't experienced any crash aside from the post workout exhaustion which isn't abnormal being that I'm as tired when I'm not taking it. Definitely more energy for me. I get super focused and noticed I'm pretty irritable when I'm working out. It hits you the first time pretty good, you feel it in your face (tingling sensation) but after the first time it goes away (it did for me). Again, this is just me and it may not be the same for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information