Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, think I'm going to give it a shot. Only concern is that I read it has a bit of dimethylamylamine in it, which sort of makes me nervous reading about it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      Yeah, think I'm going to give it a shot. Only concern is that I read it has a bit of dimethylamylamine in it, which sort of makes me nervous reading about it.
      I'm sure you did your research but this breaks down the ingrediets.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/usp/jacked.html

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
        I'm sure you did your research but this breaks down the ingrediets.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/usp/jacked.html
        Yeah, it's on there. I'm sure they dose it correctly, but it's also used to make some party drug.

Some info on it;

http://ezinearticles.com/?What-is-1,...ne?&id=3324614

That might explain why you noticed irritability. Stuff like that makes me a little nervous.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Funny thing is that ON provides the GNC with their whey and GNC just rebrands it.

A lot of cheaper options have come out for protein (MGN on bodybuilding.com) which is, according to reviews, pretty good tasting. All The Whey is also solid.

Comment

I hate when people go to the gym and don't stretch prior to lifting. Hell, some don't even warm up. High school kids just walk in and go straight to the bench and start putting plates on and get under it, never finish sets, and then stand around.

Makes me so mad. I know, I know, it shouldn't matter what other people are doing in the gym but things you notice when you're either a) doing cardio or b) waiting to use equipment.
            I have a few buddies who have been lifting much longer than me and are much bigger than I. They swear by not stretching,think it hinders results due to reducing the microtears or whatever and only stick to warm up sets.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• I've seen a few studies that say stretching is bad and that doing a few warm up sets is better. I don't really stretch before lifting or cardio. For cardio I'll walk a few minutes before running. For legs I'll squat a light weight and sit in the hole for a few seconds and bench I'll bring the bar down to just above my chest and hold it for a few seconds.

Comment

• you should do a dynamic stretch routine before high impact cardio (ie running) and a static stretch routine before anaerobic exercise. Flexibility is as important as strength or endurance.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• I don't stretch. Sometimes it's because I just forget, and other times it's because I'm just lazy. Just a warm up set. Maybe some light leg stretches before cardio.

Comment

• I tend to do a light weight, maximum ROM at the beginning to warm up, and stretch after. This is mostly due to my swimming background, as flexibility is needed, especially for the upper body.

Comment

• I stretch before I do warm up sets and after I'm done my full workout. Warming up is cool, I just hate when people get under 225 after just walking in the door.

Comment

• holy smokes, I always did deadlifts with my ass basically on the ground. Now I have been doing them properly with my butt parallel to my knees and wow it is a great back workout

Comment

• parallel is the way to go with all your lifts basically. Below parallel squats (if you can do them) are awesome. Amazing workout.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                          02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                          Originally posted by fenikz
                          we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                            parallel is the way to go with all your lifts basically. Below parallel squats (if you can do them) are awesome. Amazing workout.
                            Everyone should be able to do them. Don't go heavy to feed you ego if your form isn't proper. I see 1/4 squats all the time with more weight than the kid can handle. Shake my head and move on.

Comment

Everyone should be able to do them. Don't go heavy to feed you ego if your form isn't proper. I see 1/4 squats all the time with more weight than the kid can handle. Shake my head and move on.
                              You do have to be somewhat flexible and if you have bad knees it's not gonna be easy. But you are right on the form, you see such bad form from ego maniacs.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                              Originally posted by fenikz
                              we all hate you

Comment

• Anyone do negative sets?

Comment

Working...
                                X