Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 800 pound squat and 2000 pound leg press. Jesus. Light weight baby.

    Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift these heavy ass weights. lol

    Comment


    • Bodybuilding is so stupid. How could you live like that, it's not healthy.

      sig by BoneKrusher

      PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
        I really hope you're not serious.
        He lives off of pizza, so he does eat!

        Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
          800 pound squat and 2000 pound leg press. Jesus. Light weight baby.

          Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift these heavy ass weights. lol
          Ain't nuttin' but a peanut!

          Ronnie is hilarious. Guy is a cop too. I think I could run away from him, but if he got his hands on me it would be over.

          What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

          2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

          Comment


          • I don't have access to the gym, and have little time. I mostly just need to burn fat, but I have a weak core (i.e. I suck at push-ups and have no endurance for running). I have 20lb dumbells, a pilates ball, and pretty much nothing else. Live in an apartment that I'm stuck in most of the time. Anyone have recommendations on a weekly routine? Any purchases I should look into?

            I think the hardest thing is that I have leave for work at like 6AM, so it's really hard to wake up in the morning to do anything.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by nepg View Post
              I don't have access to the gym, and have little time. I mostly just need to burn fat, but I have a weak core (i.e. I suck at push-ups and have no endurance for running). I have 20lb dumbells, a pilates ball, and pretty much nothing else. Live in an apartment that I'm stuck in most of the time. Anyone have recommendations on a weekly routine? Any purchases I should look into?

              I think the hardest thing is that I have leave for work at like 6AM, so it's really hard to wake up in the morning to do anything.
              Not really anything you absolutely need to purchase. If you can find a local gym under 20 bucks a month, that's absolutely worth it in my opinion. There are variations of dumbbell workouts that build a strong core and work on endurance. You don't need to run to burn fat. There are a ton of exercises that will burn a lot of calories. I would look into p90x if I were you. Being that you don't have any access to a gym, p90x would be perfect for you. You can do it on your own time and it gives you an outline for a diet perfect for endurance and fat burning.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by nepg View Post
                I don't have access to the gym, and have little time. I mostly just need to burn fat, but I have a weak core (i.e. I suck at push-ups and have no endurance for running). I have 20lb dumbells, a pilates ball, and pretty much nothing else. Live in an apartment that I'm stuck in most of the time. Anyone have recommendations on a weekly routine? Any purchases I should look into?

                I think the hardest thing is that I have leave for work at like 6AM, so it's really hard to wake up in the morning to do anything.
                you know how you get endurance for running? it's really pretty simple, the answer may surprise you. YOU RUN! Haha, but seriously, I sucked at running when I started, my first 2 mile run for a PT test for the Army was like 18 minutes or something like that, now I run in the 12-13 minute range. Don't kill yourself, start slow and build up. There's no easy way to get in shape, you have to make a commitment to it and stick with it. Good luck though, let us know how it goes.

                sig by BoneKrusher

                PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

                Comment


                • Is there a website where I can find basic training regimes? I want to start making my own, and I need something to look at to get a gist.

                  Comment


                  • Like I always tell myself when working out...

                    "If it were easy, everyone would do it."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
                      Is there a website where I can find basic training regimes? I want to start making my own, and I need something to look at to get a gist.
                      http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...orkoutPrograms

                      Although I wouldn't use any of those. Just do the 5x5, get big, get girls, make millions. You probably won't get girls or make millions though, but do it anyway.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
                        Is there a website where I can find basic training regimes? I want to start making my own, and I need something to look at to get a gist.
                        It really depends on what your goals are because these days there are routines for just about anything. Sport specific routines, endurance, fat burn, speed, strength. etc,.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                          http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...orkoutPrograms

                          Although I wouldn't use any of those. Just do the 5x5, get big, get girls, make millions. You probably won't get girls or make millions though, but do it anyway.
                          Bodybuilding.com and their forums are pretty useful but I wouldn't believe everything I read. Everything is taken to the extreme on there.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                            It really depends on what your goals are because these days there are routines for just about anything. Sport specific routines, endurance, fat burn, speed, strength. etc,.
                            I'll check out bodybuilding.com.

                            I used to workout for football, I was very strong and kinda big. I'm gonna come up with something that will make me more lean and cut, a beach bod.

                            Comment


                            • How do I improve my bench. I'm being recruited by several universities and am kind of embarrassed by how little I rep at the moment. I'm about 6'1 1/2, 190 and my max is probably barely over a plate.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                                How do I improve my bench. I'm being recruited by several universities and am kind of embarrassed by how little I rep at the moment. I'm about 6'1 1/2, 190 and my max is probably barely over a plate.
                                Bench! Seriously tho, you need to start on a plan that involves heavy sets (5 or less reps) and follow linear progression (go up in weight every week possible). Above all tho, your going to need to eat a crap load.

                                Other things to do: Train your triceps with close grip benches, weighted dips, weighted diamon push-ups, etc. Train your lats on the same plane as the bench (ie: heavy rows, not lat pull downs). Make sure you don't overtrain the bench bc its the lift you want to get better at, once a week is plenty.

                                Here is a good article on benching:

                                http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...B7A1F-hg.hydra

                                *** Also, don't neglect squats and deadlifts, they help your bench too.
                                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information